z

Young Writers Society

Life of Pi by Yann Martel

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:39 am
jynxypanda says...

I thought that the life of a mathematical number would be interesting... until I found out that it wasn't exactly about 3.14 but about a boy (how come it's always a boy?? haha!)

Anyways, the story goes off with Pi and his family. His father's a zoo keeper but unfortunately they had to change zoos (me thinks..) therefore they were going to be transferred to a new zoo! So they gathered all the animals on this ship but... a storm came and yep, it sank. Somehow, Pi, along with an orangutan and a bengal tiger, managed to survive and went aboard a little boat. Then they have their own little adventure in the big wide ocean on a little boat.

Haha I really loved this book even though the setting was constraint to only one place. I liked the way he described the sea, and how Pi survived on the little boat. I wonder what it would feel like though.. I mean he was there for almost a year!! A YEAR?? I'd recommend these to anyone! Really, it's a MUST-read! =)
"....I am TOUGH to go through coz I'm TANGIBLE!!"

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:12 pm
EnchantressMuffin says...

Ooh... my sister read this book. She didn't exactly like it... Actually she may have hated it. But still, it sounds pretty nifty. I also really like the cover. I don't know why.

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:27 pm
jonny911 says...

I'd read it, but I heard it drags on too long. On not a big fan for "fluff" in books. But after this, I'll really consider reading it.
"Son, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
"A felon!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yah! This kid at school says they get all the girls!"
"I should try that..."

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:52 pm
Leja says...

I've read this! It was lovely. Especially the ending. Eh, I don't know how much I can say without giving things away, except that I'd recommend it! ^_^

-Amelia

Knowledge is power.
— Francis Bacon