z

Young Writers Society

Beware of the Dog by Roald Dahl

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:40 pm
aeroman says...

Another great story, gotta love em.

This one is about an RAF (royal air force) pilot during WWII. He is shot in the leg during a dogfight and begins to fly back to his airbase. But he ends up not being able to make it and abandons his plane in midair. He wakes up in a hospital, but something is not quite right about what the nurse is telling him.

Really just a fantastic story. Roald Dahl is one of my favorite authors and I'm sure anyone would enjoy this. Here's the link - http://www.classicshorts.com/stories/botd.html
They haven't invented the missile that can kill an ideal.

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:56 pm
Azila says...

Coolio! I love Roald Dahl too... his "Esiotrot" was the first real book I ever read! Anyway, I'll try to read that sometime I've got time (not now, unfortunately) Thanks for posting!

~Azila

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:06 pm
Esmé says...

I have to say that Roald Dahl never really managed to draw me in. The only book of his that I have ever read was "The BFG", and that was in sixth grade, I think, out of lack of anything else. I know a lot of people who are outraged at this, really, but I just don't like the author and his style. I did try, recently, reading something else of his, but just couldn't make it through the first chapters, and then I yielded.

Sorry about the rant ;),

Esmé

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:57 pm
EnchantressMuffin says...

I never read this, but I now want to, because I really like Roald Dahl. I read Matilda and The Witches first, and I loved them; they were awesomely funny. Great stuff.

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin

Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
— Carl Sandburg