z

Young Writers Society

Acacia

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:18 pm
Evangelina says...

ACACIA

Acacia, the first book to the trilogy, is a thrilling, beautifully written piece of literature that fantasy-lovers and fiction readers alike will enjoy. It has twists and turns, shows many POVs—all of which are intriguing—and is by far one of my favorite books.

Leodan Akaran, ruler of the Known World, has inherited generations of apparent peace and prosperity, won ages ago by his ancestors. A widower of high intelligence, he presides over an empire called Acacia, after the idyllic island from which he rules. He dotes on his four children and hides from them the dark realities of traffic in drugs and human lives on which their prosperity depends. He hopes that he might change this, but powerful forces stand in his way. And then a deadly assassin sent from a race called the Mein, exiled long ago to an ice-locked stronghold in the frozen north, strikes at Leodan in the heart of Acacia while they unleash surprise attacks across the empire. On his deathbed, Leodan puts into play a plan to allow his children to escape, each to their separate destiny. And so his children begin a quest to avenge their father's death and restore the Acacian empire—this time on the basis of universal freedom.

This book has some realities that can be related to this world—slavery, drugs, promiscuity, love and heartbreak, orphans, death, war, corrupt politics, rich ruling over poor, etc.

Though a long read, it was well worth it. I rate it 9/10, amazingly portrayed and gorgeously descriptive.
Break the boundaries, hunt the hunter, and leave me a tip.
----to kill or not to kill

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:51 pm
Rydia says...

Oooh. This sounds like just the sort of book I need at the moment. I think I'll look into getting myself a copy. Who's the author?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:38 pm
Evangelina says...

Anthony Durham, sorry for the delay.
Break the boundaries, hunt the hunter, and leave me a tip.
----to kill or not to kill

The blood jet is poetry and there is no stopping it.
— Sylvia Plath