z

Young Writers Society

Anita Blake (Vampire Hunter)

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:46 am
JC says...

Okay, so I'm a little dissapointed that I've yet to see any Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series books around here...haven't any of you wondered who JC is? If you've read the series, it's Jean-Claude.

(Claudette, if you're reading this by some chance, read these, they're great.)

It's about this woman, Anita, who is an animator (She raises the dead), and is also a vampire hunter. It's just a great series (of about fourteen) and I'm about to read it's latest installment, The Harlequin.

PM if you're interested.

-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:55 am
EnchantressMuffin says...

Whoa, that sounds pretty awesome. To the bookstore!

And yes, I really did wonder what the JC stood for. I thought it was Juggling Club when I first saw it... But apparently not. :D

Yay, mystery solved!

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:25 am
Emerson says...

Hah, well, finally saw this thread up! Hello JC ^_~

I've read the first book, and from what I recall I liked it a lot, but not enough to continue past the first. From my understanding, after the first book, it becomes a smut fest, and really, I don't like smut fests. It's just not my thing, heh. I think I was turned off, in general, by the scene with the wererats in the first book. It didn't rub me the right way...

She's not a bad writer, but it seems like almost all the modern vampire writers (even Anne Rice x-x) eventually bring eroitca into their stories, which disappoints me. The only author to get away with that with me is Karen Chance, because her plots are so interesting. Of course, Anne Rice as well, but it's not like I finished the whole series, anyhow.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:11 pm
Tessitore says...

Very good books, but have a major disappointing drop-off after 'Obsidian Butterfly'.

If you like Anita Blake, read the Merry Gentry series--but beware, for it's an R rated fluff stuff kind of... smut.

Anita Blake has also been made into a comic book. If you like Jean-Claude, you should see him drawn! *purr*
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

Reviews: 0
Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:50 pm
NatashaGarrett says...

I love these books I'm on "Blue Moon" right now. I've been reading like a book a week. I love "Ted Forrester" lol. I think he's one sexy hitman.
Would a fly without wings be called a walk?

Reviews: 3
Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:32 am
AuroraOrodel says...

I enjoyed these up until after Circus of the Damned/Bloody Bones (where the author divorced her husband and took it out on his insert, Richard), or whenever it was Anita started getting everyone's useful powers with none of their drawbacks. Up until that point, I was all about them. I still like those first five or six. There was a story and a plot of some kind to discover and a villain to overthrow...now, they're all just sex interrupted by group sex interrupted by thinking about sex interrupted by descriptions of lingerie while craving sex. Plus my favorite characters, Edward and Larry, disappeared from the story. :(

I read one of the Meredith Gentry books...wow. Fluff smut indeed!
"You cannot pronounce as knowledge anything you cannot demonstrate."
~Margaret Atwood

"The good writers touch life often. The mediocre ones run a quick hand over her. The bad ones rape her and leave her for the flies."
~Fahrenheit 451

"And the rest is rust and stardust."
— Vladimir Nabokov