z

Young Writers Society

Bloody Jack Series

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:15 pm
snap says...

Has anyone ever read these books? I've been reading them as they come out, and I think they're absolutely EXCELLENT. L.A. Meyer really seemed to capture the attitude of young, poor cockney girl turned pirate. And I love the way he writes as if she were talking. It's really great. Any other comments? Opinions?
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.
~ Robert Cormier

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:49 pm
Ares says...

I haven't read very much of them at all but I'm thinking I might. What I did read (when my friend had a copy) seemed pretty good.

How many are there?

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:12 pm
snap says...

Um, I think there are four, but don't quote me on that. I know there's another one coming out in, like, August. Called Virginia Jack (I think.) :)
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.
~ Robert Cormier

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:50 pm
Manzanna says...

Yes, I've read them! I thought they were awesome. I believe there are three out right now: Bloody Jack, Curse of the Blue Tattoo and Under the Jolly Roger.

I hadn't heard that he was publishing another one. I hope he does though!

EDIT: There are four out, I just bought the fourth one: In the Belly of the Bloodhound. It was good, but not as good as the others, I thought it got a bit monotous in the middle. I'd still reccomend it though.
"When you're nothing, you're free to believe anything." - Milkweed

"Who am I? I'm just a writer. I write things down. I walk through your dreams and invent the future."
— Richard Siken