z

Young Writers Society

Star Wars novels

195 Reviews

Reviews: 195
Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:11 am
PsychicNinja says...

Hi!
I love Star Wars books, and I have read a lot.
This is for posting reviews on Star Wars books you have read.
Oh, and please, no spoiling!
~PyschicNinja
"Look, Ma. No hands"
"You haven't got a ma."
"Maybe a nice old lady will adopt me. I'm very loveable."
―Fi and Darman

195 Reviews

Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:19 am
PsychicNinja says...

Okay fine..no one post...

Well, I'll just post...

I just finished reading Young Jedi Knights: Shards of Alderaan by Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta.

Shards of Alderaan was a good book adding to the Young Jedi Knight series, which is about Han and Leia's twins, Jacen and Jaina. I guess it kinda sets up for the NJO books.

This next part is just randomly put in there, I think. It sets up one point, which could have been added to the next book. I just don't see a point in this book in a series, but it's a fun and cliff hanging book (although you kinda know what happens). I'm a big person for character interplay, and the interplay between Tenel Ka and Jacen Solo is advancing. We all know how their relationship ends up...

They twins and their friends do meet an old family enemy, which is kind of interesting. I also thought that exploring the remains of Alderaan was pretty cool.

Overall this is a fun, light, and easy read. I would recommend it, if you want to break the intensity.

~Rogue Jedi Master Timea
"Look, Ma. No hands"
"You haven't got a ma."
―Fi and Darman

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:33 pm
EstelPax says...

I just read * drum role* Star Wars Legacy of the Force Sacrifice by, Karen Traviss. The books story line is good but some thing seariouly sad happens.
I really didn't like how the author wrote Jaina.
Other than that great book.
Hope for Peace

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:30 pm
Lady Pirate says...

I've read a lot, in fact I have most of them sitting on the book shelf behind me. I have to say my favorite are the Timothy Zahn trilogy, which happens five years after Return of the Jedi.

Volume One: Heir to the Empire
Volume Two: Dark Force Rising
Volume Three: The Last Command

I like these books because with Han and Leia all tied up and married, it has to deal more with Luke's emotions, and a new Jedi by the Name of Mara Jade, who I think is my favorite of the Jedi, followed right after Jacen and Jaina and Tenel Ka and Lowbacca 'Lowie'.

These books are great, and Luke finally finds what his sister has, and you Leia does the whole Jedi thing. I highly recomend these. (I tried not to give away too much, but it's sort of hard to review a book, and not give away anything.)
'My words fly up, my thoughts remain below.
Words without thoughts never to heaven go.'

William Shakespeare
Greatest English dramatist & poet (1564 - 1616)

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:33 pm
EstelPax says...

Those are some of my favorite books and Mara Jade is awesome.
Mara Jade R.I.P

Lanna
Hope for Peace

84 Reviews

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:43 pm
Lady Pirate says...

I know, I about cried when she died.

William Shakespeare

195 Reviews

Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:31 pm
View Likes
PsychicNinja says...

Hey, thanks you two for posting here!

The Thrawn Trilogy has got to be my favorite trilogy ever! Timothy Zahn is the greatest!

Mara Jade Skywalker is my favorite character ever!

*crying*

I am now going to reread the Han Solo Adventures books. I have the first two books in original format!

I'll write a review as soon as I'm done.

~Rogue Jedi Master Timea
"Look, Ma. No hands"
"You haven't got a ma."
―Fi and Darman

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:31 pm
Meshugenah says...

I'm slowly working my way though a few of the NJO books, but so far (Vector Prime, at least) I'm having a hard time reading -- the characterizations are off from the get-go, other characters ignored, etc. Star By Star, thus far is good, as is The Joiner King, creepy though it is. I have a few other books out, I think Destiney's Way, and Agents of Chaos: Hero's Trial. Of those, I haven't started the last two, never mind that I'm reading out of order. Even with link+, I can't find most of the NJO books (yes, even with bookstores!). The Legacy books are the library, though, so once I've worked my way though what I have, there's more!

/rant

I loved the YJK books, no matter what anyone says about how they were written. See, my biggest gripe with what I've read in the NJO books is this mysterious lack of character growth -- I mean, yes Jaina will always been the pilot/mechanic, but she's as... oh. you don't want spoilers, right? *mutters about Capitan Cardboard*

Plus, I'm a Zekk fangirl -- Mr. Emo ftw!

Unfotrunately, I read all the original EU books so long ago, I can't remember them all that well. But I do remember reading several books by Timothy Zhan and loving them, and by Kevin Anderson (sans YJK) and really enjoying them.

I'll post full reviews once I'm done with the books I'm currently reading!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:15 pm
KiteRide86 says...

I haven't read any star wars in a very long time, but one of my favorite books was The Courtship of Princess Leia. I, also, loved The Crystal Star. One of my favorite books of all time is, actually, The Revenge of the Sith. It was really well written and I liked it WAY better than the actual movie. The Truce at Bakura was really good, too!

195 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:07 am
PsychicNinja says...

Thanks for posting!

Um..well..I've been reading throught the posts...if everyone doesn't mind..i guess that you could give away some spoilers on your reviews...
If nobody really cares, go ahead. I already know what happens in most of the books.

I thought that Courtship of Princess Leia was great..but I read that a long time ago, so i'm going to reread it soon.

Please post your reviews!

I am still reading the Han Solo Adventures...*goes back to reading*

MTFBWY!

~Rogue Jedi Master Timea
"Look, Ma. No hands"
"You haven't got a ma."
―Fi and Darman

Random avatar

Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:54 am
KiteRide86 says...

Okay so don't shot me! But I read the first two books in the Thrawn trilogy and wanted to burn them! They were the worst books ever! I've never been so bored reading a book (well, with the exception of Heart of Darkness) or hated an author so much while reading his book. Oh well. Guess that's just me. I liked Mara, though.

I read most of my Star Wars books in the seventh grade, when Attack of the Clones came out. (I was TOTALLY crushing on Hayden Christensen, but now that I look back, he's a horrible actor and that was a horrible movie) Original trilogy fan, all the way! I grew up on that stuff. I'm pretty sure my first word was Wookie. Mom probably thought I meant to say "cookie." :wink: Anyway, after that I was big into Lord of the Rings and Terry Brooks stuff. Now I'm really into vampire stuff and Manga!

So off topic, but...yeah...I started the Jedi Academy trilogy, but sadly, never finished. It was getting good, too! I don't remember why I stopped...all this talk of Star Wars is really making me want to read one...Okay, okay! Pick one If I only read one more Star Wars book/trilogy ever, which one should it be? ANYBODY?

84 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:12 pm
Lady Pirate says...

The Courtship of Princess Leia

I love this book too, by the time I got around to it, I was thinking it was about dang time Han had some compition, and it was about d@#n time he made his move.

William Shakespeare

84 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:14 pm
Lady Pirate says...

If I only read one more Star Wars book/trilogy ever, which one should it be? ANYBODY?

Probably the New Jedi Order, because so much happens in them.

William Shakespeare

Random avatar

Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:28 pm
KiteRide86 says...

Thanks, Lady Pirate. I'll check it out.

Oh and I totally agree with you about Han Solo in The Courtship of Princess Leia. I loved the compitition.

Have you read The Truce At Bakura? Luke gets a lady friend. lol! Oh and I liked The Crystal Star because it was about Han and Leia's little children. They were so cute! Specially Anakin!

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:14 pm
Meshugenah says...

Nooooo! Not NJO! Only one book? That's not nearly enough! Maybe a SW encl.? That way you'd get all of it! Or at least more of it.. whatever you do, do NOT read The Crystal Star. The only parts I liked were the parts with Jaina in it. Other than that, no. Just... no. Parts of NJO were ok (of what I've read) but I wouldn't recommend them, especially if you haven't read more of the previous books. It'll be really confusing.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

This report, by its very length, defends itself against the risk of being read.
— Winston Churchill