z

Young Writers Society

Maximum Ride

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Tue May 22, 2007 6:22 pm
Samara says...

These are such great books! so far there are two, the third one comes out in about a week, but they are amazing. The plot twists in them are incredible. You never know what's going to happen next. and the characters are so realistic.

Plot: six genetically altered kids escape the lab where they were created and go on a search to find their parents, stay away from evil hybrids built for killing, and save the world. hopefully before dinner.

the titles are:
Maximum Ride: the Angel Experiment
MR: School's Out - Forever
MR: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports
"I can't stand him. His ego is splattered all over that screen and it's making me nauseous."
~Me referring to Ashton Kutcher.

"I think the dragon should eat him."
~My boyfriend referring to Eragon

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue May 22, 2007 6:32 pm
View Likes
Lady Pirate says...

I love these books, and I'm very stoked about the next one. Normally when there are two books, I enjoy one for the than the other, and I could tell you which one I enjoyed more, but for this series, I coud not tell you which one I enjoyed more. If I wasn't a broke teen, I could go out and by the books, becuase each one is increditble in it's own way.
'My words fly up, my thoughts remain below.
Words without thoughts never to heaven go.'

William Shakespeare
Greatest English dramatist & poet (1564 - 1616)

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Thu May 24, 2007 4:28 am
View Likes
Teague says...

I love those books, and I'll be first in line for the third one.

The only problem is that it doesn't seem like Patterson does proper research. Like, in the first book Max lands in Arizona to help Ella. She lands in an area of desert scrub, which is quite common here. Then, as she's running away from the boys, she's suddenly crashing through a forest rich in underbrush. And that kind of forest does not exist anywhere in Arizona, not even the northern parts. So yeah. That kinda bugged me. =/

But yeah, they're awesome. 5 million clicks for the movie!
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

20 Reviews

Fri May 25, 2007 4:06 am
View Likes
Samara says...

hm, good point. i don't live in AZ, so i didn't catch that.
i hope they make a movie! a good movie. there are all sorts of fake trailers on YouTube. i can't see them though b/c my comp is retarded.
"I can't stand him. His ego is splattered all over that screen and it's making me nauseous."

497 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 27, 2007 4:52 am
View Likes
Teague says...

Well, he also does it in the opening part of book 1, when Max is escaping from the School in her dream. The School is in Death Valley, which is even more not foresty (I just made that up :D) than Arizona. And yet she's crashing through another forest and finds a clearing with a cliff. Doesn't happen. Death Valley is a valley, which is what cliffs drop into.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun May 27, 2007 5:14 am
View Likes
snap says...

I never noticed that. And I used to live in Arizona!! Shame on me. That's really going to irritate me now...
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.
~ Robert Cormier

497 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 27, 2007 5:33 am
View Likes
Teague says...

snap wrote:I never noticed that. And I used to live in Arizona!! Shame on me. That's really going to irritate me now...

Ha, I caught it on the third read. I was like, "now wait just one gosh darned minute..." And then it took me days of deliberation to try and remember what Flagstaff's forests are like. Then it occured to me that desert scrub next to rainforest doesn't happen. :D

And I've lived in Arizona my entire life.

20 Reviews

Sun May 27, 2007 7:34 pm
View Likes
Samara says...

lol. well, the dream i can let slide. cuz, you know, its a DREAM. but the thing in AZ, that's different. shame on JP. i thought he was incapable of mistakes until now.

oh, wait, did you catch the part in the 1st book when Angel was holding onto her bear, Celeste, AFTER Celeste had already been taken by the Erasers?

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun May 27, 2007 7:42 pm
View Likes
snap says...

I thought they had gotten it back somehow.... I don't remember, quite honestly. :)
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.
~ Robert Cormier

497 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 28, 2007 6:34 am
View Likes
Teague says...

Yeah, I remember that. I was like, "didn't the cop person take the bear?"

BUT based upon the excerpt from book 3 in the back of book 2 I suppose we'll find something to do with that out soon!

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon May 28, 2007 10:31 am
View Likes
Twit says...

Oh yeah I absolutely LOVE those books!!!! They're so cool, and a lot better than "The Lake House" and "Where The Wind Blows" which is what they're based on. Patterson's books are all really great, but they've ALL got rude *detailed* rude scenes in, so I don't read them, which is such a shame.

So these books are great, and the way is written is funny as well. Personally, as I don't live in America, it doesn't bother me whether the countryside is accurate or not. I read most of the first book in ASDA where it was on the shelf, and I kept on giggling when I was reading it, so all the other shoppers must have thought I was really weird! (it was that bit when they've taken that car, and Max is driving it really badly)

And the next book is out NOW!! Yippee!!
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

20 Reviews

Tue May 29, 2007 4:48 pm
Samara says...

yeah, i agree. i would have love WTWB and TLH so much more if there weren't all the "rude" scenes. eleven year olds doing it just kinda freaks me out a little.

and yes, that part cracked me up too.
or Fang's little random comments. like when Max is freaking out and worried and not sure what to do and he's just like "Peanut?"
hehehehe.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 30, 2007 7:17 am
View Likes
Teague says...

It's 12:16 a.m. and I just spent three hours reading the third book without stopping.

I freaking loved it.

And I'm probably going to read it again tomorrow. Today. Whatever.

20 Reviews

Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:27 am
View Likes
Samara says...

eeep!!! me too. it was full of hilarium.
although i definitely liked the first two better. the third one was somewhat...abrupt...or something.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:40 am
View Likes
fueledbyjoy says...

love these books! Still wating to read the 3rd though!
God's thunder spits fire and sends the oak trees dancing, a wild dance, whirling; the pelting rain strips their branches. We fall to our knees-we cry out, "glory".

The chains of habits are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.
— Warren Buffet