z

Young Writers Society

Maximum Ride

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:04 pm
snap says...

I just got the third, but haven't read it yet. I just went to the bookstore and came home with armloads of books. I'll get to it, though. Believe you me. :)

Has anyone else noticed that James Patterson can't write effectively as a girl? I spent the first book thinking Max was a guy. ;)
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.
~ Robert Cormier

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:47 am
Teague says...

snap wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that James Patterson can't write effectively as a girl? I spent the first book thinking Max was a guy. ;)

Same here, until like page 170 something like that. Although I think the facts that Max is a gender-neutral name and that it's told in first person might have a bit to do with it. Plus Max isn't exactly very feminine.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:31 am
snap says...

Yeah. I have noticed though that when writing in first person, a lot of times, girls can write effectively as guys, but guys can't write effectively as girls. Just a quirk, I suppose. It's not like I mind. ;)
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.
~ Robert Cormier

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:52 am
Loose says...

well I dont know about that. John Marsden manages quite well. And Bryce Courtany.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:13 am
deleted6 says...

I've only just began to read em. They're good very intresting and honestly took me a while to realize Max was a girl.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:52 am
Teague says...

I picked up on an inconsistency in the second one today.

It's in the part where they're putting together a mismatched car. Angel starts talking about how to fix up one of the cars using parts from the others. Patterson mentions Angel's eye colour, only he says brown instead of blue.

EDIT: I reread the section and found out I was thinking it was the wrong character. It was really Nudge. xD
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:03 pm
View Likes
Denouement says...

I read 'When The Wind Blows' and wasn't too impressed by it, and i only bought that because i didn't read the blurb and thought it was an Alex Cross novel
Never bothered with the Maximum Ride series
Characters are people too you know!

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:43 am
Samara says...

hm.
well, in my opinion, they're better then WTWB.
"I can't stand him. His ego is splattered all over that screen and it's making me nauseous."
~Me referring to Ashton Kutcher.

"I think the dragon should eat him."
~My boyfriend referring to Eragon

One fish, two fish, red fish, aardvark.
— alliyah