86%
No
14%

Total votes : 29

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:55 am
Magyk says...

Yeah I guess your right there. When I think about it, the itslef wasn't too bad. I think the reason I dilike it so much is because we did pick out every tiny little bit about about.

My teacher probaly picked up things that Golding probably didn't even realise.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:25 pm
Lilith says...

Definately read it.

Its got everything a good book needs, teen violence, chrashing planes, murder. Heck, we even have a secluded, depressed kid and I think Piggy was gay.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:09 pm
KiteRide86 says...

I typically don't like the books we read in school, but I loved this, 1984, and Brave New World. I think it's because they were easy reads and very original storylines. LOF is really good if you like little naked kids running around the jungle carrying spears. :wink:

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:56 pm
thewonderworldofnight says...

It's a classic...you won't be able to live without it!!! People will make references to it forever and if you haven't read it you'll feel extremely lost! It's not my favorite book in the world (that would be The Fall of Atlantis among other Marion Zimmer Bradley books and, of course, the Harry Potter series), but I liked it and think everyone should read it at some point in their lives. It's just one of those books, like Catcher in the Rye, and you have to read it!!!

~Deoris
'"Many years ago, when I was young, I saw a fire, and what looked like death-- and beyond that, in the dark places, something...or some One, who knew me. Shall I at last find my way back to that wonderworld of Night?"'

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:13 pm
Evangelina says...

The beginning didn't drag me in, but it was a very well-written and deep-meaning peice.
Break the boundaries, hunt the hunter, and leave me a tip.
----to kill or not to kill

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:25 pm
Lynlyn says...

Magyk wrote:My teacher probaly picked up things that Golding probably didn't even realise.

Somehow, seeing as it's Golding, I doubt that. :lol: Every freckle on every character's face probably had a symbolic meaning, knowing the way he writes. I know what you mean though, I remember the teacher explaining the kill-the-pig scene... and I was sitting there thinking, "Please tell me that's NOT what he meant for it to mean..."

Yeah, I would suggest that you read it. It's a really short book, the vocabulary isn't tough at all; when I was in eighth grade I think I got through it in under two hours, so even if you don't like it, it's not like you wasted your life away reading some three-inch book cough herman melville. It'll be kind of interesting to read a book that you've heard analyzed before but haven't yet read! I can't say I've ever really done that. Okay, wait, maybe I have, since I didn't read Sir Gawain and the Green Knight until the day before I was supposed to take a test on it (don't tell my English teacher).

I always wondered how it would have been different if they had been all girls instead... maybe it would have been even more vicious, I don't know. There's also this new reality show called Kid Nation that seems like it was inspired by LOTF... I hope it has a slightly happier ending, since they're real kiddies @_@.
Last edited by Lynlyn on Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:23 am
Teague says...

Lord of the Flies was... interesting.

I recommend reading it twice.

But it was definitely a good book.

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber