z

Young Writers Society

Firestorm

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:17 pm
Taiven says...

Well, I just finished reading Firestrom by David Klass, the first book in a trilogy that came out just last year, and I'm recommending it to anyone who's looking for a good action/adventure book. This story barely slows down. From beginning to end it keeps you turning the pages as the main character faces problem after problem as he literally runs for his life. But I won't spoil it for you... 8)

Basically, for anyone who is interested, Firestorm is about a teenager named Jack who suddenly realizes that his whole life has been a lie. His parents aren't really his parents and no one can be trusted. He quickly learns that he has a much higher purpose than he could have ever imagined, even after being the star football player at his school. The planet is slowly dying and he seems to be connected with a strange mystery that goes by the name of 'Firestorm', rumored to be the only thing that can save the world from destruction.

This book is a thrilling ride that includes a telepathic dog, a butt-kicking ninja babe, man eating sharks, and a suspenseful chase across the ocean. It also holds a very good message involving the environment and humans' poor treatment of it. Both enlightening and exciting, I definitely will advise anyone to read this!

By the way, has anyone read it already? :)

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri May 11, 2007 11:56 pm
order says...

I read that book earlier this year and, though some parts of it were corny, it was pretty good overall. It expressed things in a realistic way and didn't make the protagonist too much of a noble person.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...
— Dr. Seuss