z

Young Writers Society

Peeps - For vampire lovers

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:09 pm
JC says...

Peeps is a really good book by the author of the Uglies trilogy. It's basically about this guy who carries a parasite that gives people vampirism. It's really intresting and has a lot of really good information that could win you a match of Jepordy some day. Basically, it was really, really, really good.
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:30 pm
Emerson says...

Heh, that's a whole lot of info on the book?

Eh, I've heard of The Uglies, and it sounds interesting, but I heard it wasn't quite so. Plus I am not much for YA.

Is this YA? I'm even less fond of YA/pop-lit vampire novels xD I did read twilight though but...eh.

What else made this really good? You didn't say a whole lot...
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:40 pm
JC says...

It's kinda like, YA for people who don't particularly like YA.

Basically its about this parasite, that creates Peeps, which are actually vampires, only the carriers (who have the parasite without going crazy) prefer to call them parasite-positives.
The way the disease is portrayed is like, vampirism (they don't like that word though), plagues, lycanthropy, all those other myths and stuff like that.

It just talks a lot about how parasites work, and its really interesting, plus it has a slight edge of vampires without the cheesy vampire stuff.

Plot-wise its about a carrier who tracks down the person who made him the way he is, while trying to avoid being attracted to a human who he's working with. More or less. Doesn't sound as interesting as it actually is.
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

News is not a game show. You don't win a car if you happen to be right.
— John Oliver