z

Young Writers Society

Eats, Shoots and Leaves

Reviews: 2
Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:11 am
dittylicious says...

So, I haven't gotten all the way through this book yet (partially because a friend of mine just stole it), but so far I am in love with every idea in this little wonder!

Punctuation and proper grammar are the little things that make the difference between a good story and a great story sometimes. If you aren't using grammar and punctuation properly, it takes a huge amount away from the story you're trying to tell, and this book is a wonderful tool every writer can utilize to assure that their writing is entertaining and properly done.

The best thing about this book, in my opinion, is how funny it is! Who knew proper grammar could be so much fun? Well, Lynne Truss has done exactly that and made this not only informative, but enjoyable!

Post your comments if you've read this, and if you haven't, wow, read it soon!!!
~*~Ditty~*~

"When we choose between reality and madness/It's either sadness or euphoria." -Billy Joel

http://dittylicious.blogspot.com

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:33 am
tinny says...

That book ruined me you know, it made me even more of a stickler for punctuation than I already am. I started screaming at the TV for using unnecessary apostrophes, and now twitch whenever I walt past this garage that sayd 'DON,T' and 'CCJ,S' *twitches*

I do agree though, it is a very funny book. None of my sisters will read it though XD I'm still trying to get the childrens version which was all about the use of punctuation and grammar can change the meaning of a sentance. It had real pretty pictures too.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:55 pm
Fand says...

I won't lie. I read the chapter on apostrophes three times before moving on to the rest of the book, just because I enjoyed it so much.

*headdesk*

I truly am Fand, the Paladin of Punctuation.

:D
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

Life’s disappointments are harder to take if you don’t know any swear words.
— Bill Watterson