z

Young Writers Society

Airborne by kenneth Oppel

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:35 pm
michellel96 says...

Airborn is such a goooood book!

It's about a young cabin boy named Matt Cruse, aboard the airship, Aurora, during the 1930's. (or around then)
His father died falling off of the airship but Matt feels that he is closer to the father when he is on the ship and he loves it in the air. He meets first class passenger, Miss Kate de vries, who seriously, is not as lady like as she sounds! She's rather read, do photography, or study anyday, like boys of the time, instead of wearing frills and throwing parties. Her grandfather, who died aboard the hot air balloon, The Endurance, kept a log of his adventures that Kate and Matt find. as they read, descriptions and drawings of mystical flying cats fill the page. when the Aurora is shipwrecked, they discover something that they only believed would be in their wildest dreams when one discovery leads to the next, each grander and grander. this is a captivating tale of cleverness, leadership, and great determination in believing in yourself.
This book builds up and up and never stops until the end!

Will everyone get their well deserved triumph? Read AIRBORN!

Note: The book contains mild violence. (blood and fighting)

Reviews: 4
Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:43 am
rainerfreak2005 says...

I would disagree with u in that i think the book is pretty g rated and has in abt as much violence as the first HP book if i may be allowed to make the compariso.That sed it is a good altenate reality getaway even if its not packed with substance
<<Perfectly`~`Insane>>...Queen in a lost world but i will not be saved.
"Well I was born brave but Im bolder now
Was cold from birth but Im colder now
A murder! Them fi know say man a born soulja
Over di years, and still a soulja now."-Assassin

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:04 am
Ofour says...

I cannot remember the plot exactly because I read it a while ago but I do remember enjoying it a great deal.
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

He began to wonder why he had felt uneasy at all. It was like a man wondering in broad daylight why a dream had appeared so terrible to him at night.
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart