z

Young Writers Society

Trickster's Choice

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:53 pm
sokool15 says...

This one's a GREAT book by Tamora Pierce. It's about the daughter of a spymaster who gets captured as a slave. She makes a dubious friendship with a trickster god, learns how to speak with crows (especially a cute crow who morphs into manhood) and sets up an entire spy complex in the kingdom in which she is enslaved. If you like this one...try the sequel: Trickster Queen. It's also very good!
Hope I helped...enjoy.
~ 8)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:25 pm
View Likes
LowKey says...

I LOVED that book! After I read those two books, I went and read the ones about her mother, Alana. They were good too. I also got to understand her mom a bit more. Not that you got to see that much in the Trickster books. I forgot the name of her father, so when I was reading the Alana books, I didn't know who to root for. Yeah, I liked them okay.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:49 pm
View Likes
Lilyy03 says...

I haven't read it... I might, but I didn't much like any other of Tamora Pierce's books, so I'm not sure...

Btw, there's already a thread for this book just a few topics over. ^_^

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:18 am
View Likes
Adnamarine says...

I have to say, I'm not Tamora Pierce's greatest fan. Not remotely. But this is one awesome book!
I must admit, I've yet to read the second one even though I read Trickster's Choice for the first time probably two years ago *looks sheepish* but I'll get around to it sometime. The thing that bothered me was the crow guy... I can't remember his name. Nawat? Something like that. Her whole fling with him is just really, really strange.
But otherwise, this book was amazing! And, I have to be honest, at least 10 times better than anything else she's written:)
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:42 pm
View Likes
.katsuro. says...

I think these were some of her best books. I can't say I really enjoyed some of her other pieces. But Trickster's Choice and Trickster's Queen were really good. I kind of wish there was a few more books after those. But I guess that might have wrecked them..

Reviews: 3
Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:31 am
View Likes
jacksrequiem says...

I do like those books!!!!

But I also recommend the ones about Daine, her godmother/aunt type person. In the Trickster series, she's the only who has the shapeshifter baby.

I'll show my defiance through ironic obedience!
— AstralHunter