z

Young Writers Society

The Time Traveler's Wife

Reviews: 0
Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:53 pm
BettyGoose says...

This came out quite a while ago and won almost every award going, so I hope it hasn't been discussed that thoroughly before! It's written by Audrey Niffenegger, and as a bit of a book freak with a thing for the old classics it suprised me to find it, honestly, my favourite book of all that I've read. I found it perfect. Though it sounds sci-fi, it's more a story about the relationship ('relationship' doesn't really cover it, although the book would never dream of using such a dreamy cliche as this its quite clear Claire and Henry were simply meant to be together) and how the pair live with Henry's genetic impairment which causes him to time travel.

The structure is unique, with the narrative told from Henry at various ages as he flickers through both times in his past and future and that of Claire. It takes some thinking about, but not enough to take away from the best character development I have ever read. I don't think I've ever cried so hard as I did so many times with this book, or felt more strongly for its characters. It is truly, truly, beautiful...read it already, dammit!

Bisses
- Let's go and find a bar, so dark we forget who we are! So that all the scars from the Nevers and Maybes...die! -

Reviews: 3
Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:59 am
saoirse says...

I've read it, and I've got to say, it is absolutely amazing.
sweetheart
sick body part
sickheart
sweet body part

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:25 pm
EquestrianBabe101 says...

I have thinking about reading it for a while, actually. Thanks for the post!
~The quickest way to a man's heart is not through his stomach, but through his chest with an axe~

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:02 am
TellATaleForTwo says...

Anyone that is reading this and has not read this book must stop reading these posts this minute and go read this book! it is without doubt one of the best books ive read in my life if not the best!!! i am not being dramatic! it is awsome!
"Theoretically, if you go to the past in the future, then your future lies in the past. This is a picture of you in the future - in the past."

~Kate and Leopold

A thing of beauty is a joy forever; its loveliness increases...
— John Keats