z

Young Writers Society

Gene Wolfe

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:30 am
hellstrife says...

Has anybody else read anything by this guy? I had been hearing lots of great things about his writing, and I finally had the time on my hands to start reading The Book of the New Sun , and I'm absolutely blown away by it.

I hate most fantasy and science fiction these days (a lot of them just seem cliched and boring), but Gene Wolfe molds the two genres into one of the deepest works I've read in a long while. He's one of those writers that makes you feel inadequate just reading his work for 5 minutes. I highly recommend him. I'm current on part 2 of The Book of the New Sun , and I'm already entralled. Great stuff.
He thrusts his fists against the posts
And still insists he sees the ghosts

www.myspace.com/penofwrath

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:52 am
Mr. Everyone says...

=) just popped in, and sadly havn't come acrossed any of his work =( sad... i usually do.

well:
keep writing and =) happy reading (=
~Everyone~

=) *wave*

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:47 am
Jiggity says...

I too, had heard much about this author and so I picked up one of his books. Not sure which one it was--long way the night something or something like that. Not sure if it was the first one either. But it did confuse me early on, I was just overwhelmed by too many unusual things which Im sure were probably explained away in the first book ... unless what I was reading was the first.

In any case it struck me as being a Dune type book; it was too similar for my liking. Dune is awesome.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

If I had control over the quote generator, I feel like I would put half of YWS in it.
— Kaia