z

Young Writers Society

Very Funny Science Fiction Book!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:11 pm
scififan says...

I just finished the funniest science fiction book since Douglas Adams' "Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy". It's called "Extreme C-Sections!" and I found it at Amazon.com. I was skeptical at first because the author was new, but I liked the title and book description so I gave it a try. Best decision I ever made! In the first chapter I laughed over a hundred times. Image every alien creature ever to be in a film or on TV meeting at the same time in Washington DC. There's Predator, ET, the Borg, even Alf! I couldn't stop reading after this point, and the chapters only got better. I won't give away the main plot, but let's just say Ripley's chest-bursting Aliens are back, and it's up to a team of Earth Three's (that's right, I said "Three") bravest citizens must travel to the Alien planet to wipe out the last remaining space invader race. The author uses movie parodies, as well as pop culture references and satire all throughout the book, and once you start ready you won't be able to stop. If you love sci-fi pick up "Extreme C-Sections!" at Amazon, and if you don't still pick it up and see the sci-fi clichés turned upside-down. A terrific read! :D

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:30 pm
Shine says...

Sounds great definately will go through it.
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:16 pm
View Likes
Sureal says...

Meh, I'm not a fan of parody novels. I loved HHGTTG (at least, the first one) because it wasn't a direct, over the top parody (same with Pratchett).

EDIT: PLEASE tell me you're not Michael Carson. Judging by his pic, you're the right age. And your only post here seems like a plug... cos, if you are, you'd have been better of saying, 'please check out my book' ;).

EDIT 2: It IS you. Heh :).

How can I tell? You gave your date of birth on your Amazon page, and used it on this site as well ;).

Welcome to the site :). Hope you enjoy it here - tis a great site for helping you to improve your writing 8). Also - may I make a suggestion? - Lulu.com seem to be better than BookSurge (as in you don't have to pay Lulu).
I wrote the above just for you.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:39 pm
Snoink says...

Yay, parody. ;)

Welcome to the site, Michael!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Reviews: 1
Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:11 pm
gold_tangerine says...

ooh I want it.
Yeah, puff up a balloon
Have it get you sky-high
So when it pops and you fall
You can't feel yourself die

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:32 am
Mr. Everyone says...

looks like im going to have to pick it up =)

keep writing =) happy reading (=
~Everyone~

=) *wave*

Queerly beloved, we are gathered here togay.
— KateHardy