z

Young Writers Society

Dunkirk

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:49 am
SaveDodosNopeTooLate says...

Hi guys! So I recently watched Dunkirk (it's in theatres NOW) and I must say I was impressed. Not surprised-impressed, just impressed.
Nolan is a masterful director and tells the story in a great way. The acting, cinematography, and execution are all spot on and really convey both the hopelessness of the situation, the bravery displayed, and the overall horror that is war.
I especially like the score, it's perfect to the tone and mood of the movie. Overall, a must watch.

Any opinions before OR after watching it?

PS Fionn Whitehead is MINE
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." ~ Robin Williams

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:27 am
Virgil says...

I'm at least interested in seeing the movie. I'm into historical movies (based on a true story or historical fiction) along with Christopher Nolan as director and Hans Zimmer composing the music, so I don't see why I won't like this. I'll get back to you once I see it! Might be awhile, but I'll get around to Dunkirk once I have the time/money.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:46 am
SaveDodosNopeTooLate says...

*sits down to wait patiently in anticipation*
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." ~ Robin Williams

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:40 am
CarryOnMrCaulfield says...

I was literally about to make this post...

“Rise like Lions after slumber In unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew Which in sleep had fallen on you— Ye are many—they are few.”
— Mary Shelly