z

Young Writers Society

Twilight

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue May 27, 2014 5:27 am
Iggy says...

I bet the title caught your attention, no? Because you have a hatred for it, a hatred that you can't explain but you just consider it to be so comical and lame and terrible and horrid and etc. Right?

I want to know why. Why do you hate Twilight and why do you like it? All I ever see is hatred for it and it's frustrating because it really wasn't that bad, people. :c

TALK.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue May 27, 2014 5:36 am
Lumi says...

The Only Way I Approach Twilight.

I've read much worse things, honestly. I think the Twihard hate was/is a bandwagon that just got out of control. And it probably didn't help that the co-star of the movie series hates it more than anyone in the anti-fandom.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Tue May 27, 2014 6:00 am
GoldFlame says...

This thread. Wow. I've been waiting for it for ages.

I'm mostly just frustrated with the fact that my fellow haters hate Twilight for the sake of hating it. Or: "Oh, my God, all Bella does is whine and whine and whine and the whole love story's a soap opera on steroids and I only managed all four books because I felt obligated to finish it once I began it and ..."

In all fairness, the movies weren't bad. I guess I'm not so much of a Twilight hater as annoyed with Stephenie Meyer's writing. She and adverbs--don't get me started. They'll be popping the question any day now. There's also something choppy to her dialogue tags, if I recall. She only used "said" a few times in the something-hundred pages Twilight spanned across.

I'd be willing to forgive her if she bothered developing her primary protagonist. Bella Swann. In the first book, we hear Bella's geeky and loves reading, but there's no mention of that in the following books. Bella's intellect is average, at best. In the first book, we also hear that Bella's clumsy, but it transpires that that's her one and only flaw. She's perfect in every other aspect. Meyer sees it fit to remind us that she's perfect, as well, about a hundred times. And Edward. Wow, he's so perfect. Like we've forgotten in the last two pages.

Bella's also anorexic. And pretty and perfect. There are just a lot of disgusting lessons taught in this book, chiefly falling in love at first sight, or loving someone for their appearance.

I see why people like it, though. Meyer has a way of grabbing your attention and holding it.
“He leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue May 27, 2014 6:04 am
Zolen says...

Read the first book, didn't like it and gave up after three chapters (put it in a donation box), would not care, but there are 13 and younger year old girls saying creepy things after watching the movies and that bothers me.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Tue May 27, 2014 6:23 am
Snowery says...

I personally don't "hate" twilight. I mean, I never read the books so it kind of isn't fair. I did watch the movie though and... that didn't go down to well with me.

So my response is going to be based on the movie seeing as it wasn't specified that it had to be about the books.

The beginning was fine, Bella the new kid at school, making friends, slowly trying to adapt. In my perspective there wasn't really any sign that she liked Edward which I really liked. She never really hadn't shown much interest in him at all really. Then he saves her, cool. Then they go on some sort of trip or something and I quote:

--where everyone's looking at the COMPOST “WORM BOX”, grossing
each other out with the slimy creatures. As Bella backs away,
Edward steps up.

EDWARD
Bella, it would be better if we
weren't friends.

Now before this, yes Bella tried to chat with him a little, but of course she would, the guy saved her. Apart from that she made no move onto him or expressed interest in any other way! Why did he have to get all dramatic an be like " we can't be friends"? Dude, she didn't ask to be your friend or try to be your friend.

So I had a major problem with that.

Afterwards it was s if they decided to "fall" into a relationship for no real (well none that were apparent to me) reason. There was also the complete lack of character development on both Bella and Edward. Especially Edward, I had no idea who he was or why Bella was supposed swoon over him apart from his nice facial structure. XD

The second movie was a real improvement, I'll admit. *nods*

Another thing, is that I don't so much dislike twilight itself but rather the craze that surrounded it and the way that it changed the image of vampires. That's probably what got me the most.

Just my two cents. :D
The World Is Mine.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Tue May 27, 2014 6:26 am
Holysocks says...

I've never read the books... only have I seen the movies. The movies turned me off the books. Big time. Why? Many reasons, some of which I can't explain - let's start with the ones I can.

The MC ( Bella )- So boring. Why should I like her? Why?! She's not developed at all ( in my oppinion )!!! Maybe this is the actor's fault, I don't know.

The plot? It's kind of, well, lame. Love stories are fine... but really? Actually, after I saw it, I was like: what's next? Zombie love?! And sure enough! Warm Bodies happened ( which apparently was hillarious ).

Love tryangles- I really, really, do NOT like em. Seriously, they're terrible.

Edward & Jake- *glares* I disliked how so many people fell for them, crushed on them... It's just... not cool. They're charaters. And I didn't even find them all that likeable. They're only sexy or romantic, with no real... depth.

Anyways... That's all for tonight. O.O
100% autistic

Excuse me I have never *lied* about a character I just don't tell the truth
— AceassinOfTheMoon