z

Young Writers Society

Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse

Reviews: 1
Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:55 pm
Werewolf says...

This is one of the best series ever!! It goes right up there with Harry potter!! (Sorry, but you got yourself another HP freak)

Bella is great. She is really funny, but her dependency on Edward sometimes annoys me.

Edward is to perfect. He's an ideal boyfriend in some aspects, like the proteciveness, but he's just *too* perfect. Of course, sinse it's fictional, it's all good.

Jacob is..eh..I have mixed feelings. When he's being the Jacob Bella likes, then i adore him. When he's being obnoxious, I loathe him.

Alice. Rocks. Nothing to even say here. She rocks.

Yea anyways, I really do LOVE this series. A little disapointment on their version of Werewolves. (More Loup-Garou's if you ask me) but still I cant WAIT until Breaking Dawn!!

Hey, did you guys know that Stephanie Meyer released the first chapter of Breaking Dawn? It's really good, I've read it.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:22 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

I haven't read the first chapter of BD, but I've heard so much about it I might as well have.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:02 pm
CandyTop says...

I love the books! I just finished Eclipse and thought it was fantastic! I more of a fan of Edward (Jacob seems too cocky and a bit jerk-ish. He implies that Bella will have to kiss him so he wont go battle but he does it anyways.) I can't ait for Breaking Dawn to come out! I read the first chapter and thought it was great.
"You gave me two alternatives that you could live with, and I chose the one that I could live with. That's how compromise is supposed to work..."

- Edward Cullen

Reviews: 0
Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:32 pm
mailan5 says...

:D of course
and yes i'm an addict two

Random avatar

Reviews: 21
Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:39 am
Antares says...

I love Edward so hate New Moon and Jacob Black. :evil:

Twilight is not the best written series but addictive nonetheless. And, why did she have to release the first chapter of Breaking Dawn? As if I'm not impatient enough! :roll:

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:29 pm
Tyd says...

:D yeah I love this series too. Can't wait for August. Edward rocks and I love Bella too :D
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:01 pm
savetheoceans says...

Every time I read the series, I swear it's like a poison. I'm so intoxicated with everything about Twilight to a point where I relate everything in my life with the characters. It's a bit startling and no other book has come close to this obsession I have with Twilight except for Harry Potter - which is another story altogether. The 'Twilight Intoxication' wears off after several months, yet I go on to fan sites for news about Stephenie Meyer and the series. What can I say? Her books are just so darn good! & the characters are so relastic that sometimes I even have a hard time beilieving that Edward Cullen is just a fictional character. Haha, it's a bit amusing. From witches to vampires...I love the fantasy stuff ;]

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:39 am
Meep says...

I had a whole huge thing written up, but what it comes down to is this:
  • The books are badly written. The characters are flat, boring and downright irritating.
  • The romance is boring and badly executed, not to mention an extremely unhealthy relationship.

So, yeah. I'm really not feeling the love. I suggest anyone who's into hot vampires try Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. They're the original of the genre (ie: vampire-as-sex-object/symbol) and, you know, good (or at least better; they aren't exactly literature, either).

Also, the fangirls scare me, which I think rubs off on my (lack of) appreciation for them. I worry about them, too, because that (ie: Bella) is not a healthy way for a girl to be and they're just ... rabid. I'm all about expressions of fangirly glee, but 1) I see nothing here worth fangirling and 2) they take it to a pretty scary (and depressing - best book ever?) level. Plus, I am a bitter old maid and I'm sick of hearing that this is "the next Harry Potter," though it is nice to see a girl-driven fandom get this much attention. </off topic>
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:25 pm
KailaMarie says...

i loved twilight, and the whole series!!!

lil dono, i think you need to give eclipse a chance. i liked it much better than New Moon. I think New Moon was unforetunately nessecary to the story line. Stephenie meyer was writing what the characters would do, and she knows them much better than we do, b/c they originated from her mind. honestly, i didn't enjoy reading new moon as much b/c it was so sad, but i think it had to happen for eveything else to happen.

also, has anyone else read the first chapter of Breaking Dawn?? the day the special edition of Eclipse came out with the chapter in the back, my mom brought me to Borders and i read it there. lol. (Edward buys her a new car!!!)

and the whole edward vs. jacob thing... that's already been decided. In the last book it was a clear ending... she picked edward, and i dont think she's going to go back on it. As much as i love both of them, Bella made her choice already. (cough cough, edwards better!)

p.s. stephenie meyer wrote another book too, the host. (not in the same series) anyone read that?
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:32 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

All I ever hear anyone talk about on the internet nowadays is Twilight, it seems like. Whatever happened to Amelia Atwater-Rhodes? Now, there was some good YA vampireness.

EDIT:
Of course, having never actually read Twilight, I don't have much room to voice an opinion.
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:42 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

It's a waste of time and moey. It may be adicting but it's still a bad book. I love it but it's anoying at the same time.
-Amber
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:58 pm
StellaThomas says...

Meep wrote:I had a whole huge thing written up, but what it comes down to is this:
  • The books are badly written. The characters are flat, boring and downright irritating.
  • The romance is boring and badly executed, not to mention an extremely unhealthy relationship.
So, yeah. I'm really not feeling the love. I suggest anyone who's into hot vampires try Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. They're the original of the genre (ie: vampire-as-sex-object/symbol) and, you know, good (or at least better; they aren't exactly literature, either).

Also, the fangirls scare me, which I think rubs off on my (lack of) appreciation for them. I worry about them, too, because that (ie: Bella) is not a healthy way for a girl to be and they're just ... rabid. I'm all about expressions of fangirly glee, but 1) I see nothing here worth fangirling and 2) they take it to a pretty scary (and depressing - best book ever?) level. Plus, I am a bitter old maid and I'm sick of hearing that this is "the next Harry Potter," though it is nice to see a girl-driven fandom get this much attention. </off topic>

Hear hear. To all of it. Although I do like Jacob. But that's pretty much it. But I would like to second everything said here, including the bit about Harry Potter. What can I say?

[btw, totally off-topic, first anniversary of Deathly Hallows release today].

Especially the bit about Bella being a terrible role-model. I like to think that most girls wouldn't dream of acting the way she does over boys. Sadly, I would have to say, I know people like that.

I'm going to borrow the book off a friend, most likely, only because I feel sorry for Jacob and if what I think if going to happen happens well, then, it will be no surprise, and I won't be stuck with a book I'm never going to read.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:08 pm
Periwinkle says...

I like the Twilight series as entertainment. It's not a deep read and it's something I can read for a day if I'm bored. Plus I like vampire series...so yeah.

Bella is irritating. I don't like her as the MC at all. She has no personality whatsoever or any hobbies besides excessive Edward drooling, cooking, and OCD cleaning.

Edward irks me. My friends are obsessed with him and want him as a boyfriend, but to be honest I think I'd rather be single than date an Edward. I mean, he stalked Bella and watched her sleep because she smelled good? Seriously, that's just creepy.

Then Jacob...I don't like him. He seems just as much as a whiny brat as the rest. "I'm gonna lyk kill myself if you don't make out with me for 5 pages!" Yeah, really mature and I don't like how he's excessively pursuing Bella when she has absolutely nothing going for her. I liked Jacob in New Moon before he started showing that he liked Bella.

But I'm going to get Breaking Dawn as an early birthday present and read it, but I'm pretty sure of what the outcome is going to be.

And, it annoys me, too, when people compare Harry Potter to Twilight. Stephenie Meyer is not the next J.K. Rowling. Sure, Meyer is creative and what not, but Rowling is always going to be better.
Last edited by Periwinkle on Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe you should kiss someone nice or lick a rock, or both - Regina Spektor

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:54 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Jacob pwns the whole book series. I am going to watch the Twilight move solely for the werewolves. :)
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:06 pm
Periwinkle says...

No, Alice pwns the series. Booyah! :lol:
Maybe you should kiss someone nice or lick a rock, or both - Regina Spektor

It's not nice to roast people when they're out of comebacks.
— Tuckster