z

Young Writers Society

Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:15 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Everyone is so like, they despise the dude who is going to be Edward. I guess when the readers visualize Edward they think of a freakin' god. As he is described countless times. But you know, in makeup, he's like, a lowly version of Edward.
But he could pass. Lowly, but passing.
Ellen page WOULD have made an excellent Bella! I mean, she's normal looking and an incredible actress. But the girl and boy they picked for Edward and Bella look like a fabulous couple. Bella is to model-ish looking, :) for my taste.

I read these books in less thn 5 days. It would have been a shorter time.. but stupid school and sleep got in the way. UGH.
Got YWS?

Reviews: 2
Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:41 pm
boys got cooties says...

Just want to say, everyone should read these. They are the most superfabulousamazingbeststupendousgirtohgoihiogfh books ever!
For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone - audrey hepburn

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:33 pm
LunaBuna43 says...

Has anyone heard about Rachelle Lefevre as Victoria? I've been hearing it alot recently and I just can't tell if it's true or not? I mean Rachelle Lefevre would be a great choice for the roll of Victoria and all, but I just want to verify if it's true or false.
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:44 pm
Leja says...

Please keep discussion in this forum to reviews of the Twilight book series.

Additional discussion about the movie and all other facets of the series can be continued in the Twilight usergroup, "Alice Cullen Knows Your Next Move" : viewgroup.php?f=192

Thank you! :D

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:45 am
Perra says...

I read these books in January/February, and I'm obsessed with them. However, many aspects of the series bother and infuriate me. Especially Bella.

My issues with Bella:
My major issue with the series began in Twilight when Bella decided that she wanted to become a vampire so she could be with Edward forever. Be young and with Edward forever. Without giving it a second thought, and definitely not thinking of the consequences. I just don't like that she wants to die for him, basically commit suicide for him. She also didn't consider Edward's view on the matter, even after Carlisle told her that the (or one) reason Edward didn't want to turn Bella was because she might lose her soul.

In New Moon, Bella was just so dense. First, when Edward was acting strange and aloof, her worst case that the Cullens were moving and taking her with them, and then she believed that the reason Edward left was because he never loved her. She was also rather quick to judge the werewolves and Jacob. I wish she had let Edward go, let the pain touch her, and give in to Jacob. And she was so close to doing that! But then Alice shows up and she just blows Jacob off. Rrr. However, I did love how Stephenie Meyer portrayed Bella's depression with the four pages of only months and the 'Waking Up'.

As for Eclipse, the only stupid things that Bella did that I can remember is cutting herself during the last fight with Victoria and choosing Edward over Jacob. Oh, and standing by her desire to commit suicide to be with Edward forever, but she does come to understand the consequences of her choice a bit more and becomes a little less insecure and more mature.

My issues with Edward:
When I began reading the series, I loved Edward. Because Bella's narration focused on how beautiful and stunning Edward was and I could imagine him. Plus he smells good. :) I did understand him to be a danger, and would have been more cautious than Bella around him. I also would have fainted the first few times he kissed me. However, we eventually got passed his beauty and into his personality. The only ways I can think of to describe his personality is old/aged, overprotective, and nonexistent. Dull, I guess you could say. I loved how he was curled up in a ball for most of the time they were apart. And then, in the epilogue of New Moon, he wont even let Bella near Jacob, despite how close they are! That began my dislike for Edward. He became so overprotective of Bella that not only would he not tell her everything that was going on, but he wouldn't let her see her best friend (sure, deep down she actually loves Jacob, but still...)! By the time Edward had his family kidnap her to keep her from seeing Jacob, I loathed the vamp. I couldn't believe Bella forgave him so easily.

My other issues with the books:
How obsessed Bella and Edward are for each other pretty much sums it up. I hate that Bella feels that she has to die to be with him and how they can't live without each other. Halfway through Twilight I started to compare them with Buffy and Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Buffy slays vampires, Angel's a vampire with a soul, and they're soul mates). Buffy and Angel win, because not only do they have the strength to live without each other, but Buffy had to kill Angel to save the world and survived. They aren't the only anti-Bella/Edward couple I can pull from Buffy, but I guess Buffy and Angel are the best example.

I love Jacob. He has personality and understands Bella better than Edward. Personally, I think the imprinting thing is, for the most part, a convenient plot device to give Bella good reason not to be with Jacob and to make us feel better about Jacob getting his heart ripped out.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:03 am
RandomGrrl says...

Yeh, I loved these. Can't wait for the next one. There are so many powerful aspects to this series. Stephanie Meyers has the spectacular ability to take an old mold like Romeo and Juliet or so many other "star-crossed-lovers" tales, and turn it into something new and brilliant. There's a scene in No. 1 that totally reminds me of Chasing Cars (song, Snow Patrol). Glad there are Twilight fans here!

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed May 07, 2008 10:43 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Anyone got theories about what will happen in the next one? (I just thought I'd revive this thread lol)
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Thu May 08, 2008 12:23 am
Angel of Death says...

It's nice to be among fellow Twilight fans, well anyways I think that Bella and Edward will get married but Jacob might get in between everything because he really isn't going to be able to stand losing Bella. I hope this doesn't happen
but if it does, I hope Edward kicks Jacob's behind.
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu May 08, 2008 12:27 am
OverEasy says...

I am sorry to say that the Twilight series is one of my least favorite series that I have ever read. I disliked the plot, the description was dull, and I found the MC quite annoying. Bella as a main character did little to inspire me as a person, I found her to be whiney and pathetic.

Just a personal opinion there :)
Life is for living.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Thu May 08, 2008 1:19 am
Perra says...

I have a complex love-hate relationship with the Twilight series. On the one hand, it made me give up on true love (or, at least, one true love and only for a short time). On the other, it inspired gave me ideas for my stories (I call them Anti-Twilight Aspects). I hate Edward and Bella's selfish, annoying, and unthinking (although she does get better near the end of the third book), but I love Jacob.

I'm hoping that the fourth book ends with Edward having died a horrible (but fantastic, 'cause the worse it is the happier I'll be) death, Bella in pain because, not only can't she control her vampirism, but she's giving into her vampire side (oh, and she's still a virgin :P), and Jacob a hero. He doesn't have to be a completely happy hero, because it might be cheesy, and he doesn't have to imprint on someone. He just has to be a hero or legend of some sort and clearly greater than Edward.

But that's just what I'm hoping. Sadly, because Stephenie Meyer is pro-vampires and anti-human, the fourth book will probably have some wedding drama, problems with the Volturi, and a vengeful, embittered, or rather absent Jacob. Then again, I think that her site says that part of Breaking Dawn will be from Jacob's point of view (I could be lying), so, maybe part of the book has Jacob looking for a way to keep Bella from marrying and being with Edward (and I would love him forevers and evers if he succeeded. :)) If Jacob imprints on some girl and everyone is happy in the end, Meyers will have to do a lot of leg work to keep me from throwing the book across the room. At least, figuratively speaking, because throwing books hurts the sweet little things. :( However, if Jacob imprints on a vampiric Bella, like I thought might happen in the third book, I'll be happy.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Thu May 08, 2008 5:13 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Lol, I have a complex love-hate relationship with the books too. Bella irritates me, Edward is...okay...and Jacob rocks. Honestly I'm looking forward to the movie more than the next book, just because Edward doesn't seem perfect. :D
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

Reviews: 0
Fri May 16, 2008 2:29 pm
silently loud says...

I am soo obsessed with the books! I can't wait for Breaking Dawn! :shock:

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sat May 17, 2008 5:42 pm
Esmé says...

Personally, I don’t know what to think of these books, and if truth be told, I’d rather be free of them. Free in the sense of not waiting for the next tome to comes out, just to say (and know) that I read it, and waste money on it. I think the major reason of why I read the series is that I’ve started it…

I admit, though, that I’ve been in love the “Twilight” - that was when the first tome was out. It was absolutely fantastic, and, when you (well, I) read it once, it is, really. But then I started to have issues with the characters… and they became very unlikable to me. I’d like them to stand up more for themselves, make them make different decisions, and that really clashed with what they are, and their choices. That was happening around the second book’s appearance.

And since I had book one, and two, I thought I’d buy book too. Again, it was cool - and that I have to admit, and I do so freely - that it was quite okay during the first week. But, read it again? I cringe at the thought. The issues start all over again. The same happened with book three.

It's gripping, in a way, and interesting. I'm just disappointed that it works only once.

I don’t know. Bella irks me, Edward does, too… And Jacob… Ah, Jacob. I feel this inner need to like him, but I somehow can’t. It’s weird. You might say I read this book for the occasional appearances of Alice and Jasper, apart from knowing what’ll happen.

Reviews: 1
Fri May 30, 2008 1:42 am
Ianthe says...

Out of all three books, Twilight and Eclipse were my favorites. Twilight was awesome, because Edward wasn't as much of a obsessive control-freak, and Bella didn't whine as much. (Then again, I haven't read Twilight in a while, so I may be wrong...)

New Moon...eh. I didn't hate it, but it was by far my least favorite of the three books. The ending was probably one of my least favorite parts. Come on? After how horrible Bella felt after Edward abandoned her, and how great she and Jake were getting along, she just freaking forgives Edward and they're instantly BF and GF again? That didn't make much sense to meh...

Eclipse: I loved it! It made me love Jacob so much more as a character, and dislike Edward a bit more. I admit I felt really sorry for Jacob in the end, because he not only got rejected by a vampire, but he got manipulated a lot by Bella and he was fine with it because he was so in love with her. :/

So as you can see, I'm a member of Team Jacob. :D

Reviews: 1
Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:38 am
Hope Night says...

Hey! I really love Twilight.

Well Twilight was my favorite book hands down. Bit slow in the beginning but excellent plot and some interestingly captivating language. I enjoyed reading the whirlwind of Edward and Bella's romance before my eyes. The baseball and meeting the Cullen scenes were pretty awesome. I found them to be interesting during the Nomad scenes.

New Moon however was a different story. The beginning was good. I liked it when Jasper attacked Bella. It was interesting to see how much it takes to set him off. That was exciting. Then Edward left and while I do like Edward. I was still like "Yes! Now it's time for Bella to show that she can be strong on her own! YAY!" Then she goes canatonic and I was a bit angry. Love is grand and all but Bella needs to gather some inner strength. Not that I'm saying she didn't but she should have been really mad at him or something. Though I would like to know why Stephenie Meyer had went that angle. Of course when she finally snaps out of it and she goes to Jacob (who I like He reminds me of my puppy) I liked seeing how the friendship grew. Though when she went to Italy and saw Edward. I can understand that she can be happy and gooey but hello? The guy left her. Bella should have gotten really mad after a couple minutes. Not be so forgiving. Made the vampire work for his bread. Oops! Sorry I ranted... I thought the Volturi part was pretty sweet. I liked seeing the civilized monster that we see in books like Dracula or the Vampire Chronicles.

Eclipse rocked. I put it off for awhile because most of my friends left the book hating Jacob and I really did not want to hate him. I think Jacob is an interesting character. However when I finally got around to reading I finished it in a day. The plot was so interesting. Stephenie Meyer did a good job enticing audicenes with the murders in Seattle. The sense of growing fear like Bella felt for her fear of engagement or the fear of her transformation. The background on Jasper and Rosalie's pasts was probably one of my favorite. I practically gave into my instincts as one who loves good solid background information and nearly squealed. Then the differences between the vampires in the vampire society was amazing. Civilized, civilized monsters, or the things that go bump in the night was amazingly brought into the mix. Also the werewolf legend was one of my favorite parts. I however the lack of respect Jacob held for Edward and Bella's relationship aggravating. Though I did leave the book with a bitter happiness. I was happy that they were engaged and that Victoria was finally dead. Though I was sad for Jacob. I think he really loved Bella. It was heartbreaking because having your first love not return the feelings you have for that person is a heartbreaking senstation. (Did that make sense?) So I was happy to leave the book without a deep hatred for Jacob!

I can't wait for Breaking Dawn! Anyone see the cover? I love it.

Also a note on the movie. I learned from Harry Potter that you will be happier separating the book from the movie and just see them as separate entities. It made me happier and I personally can't wait for the movie.

Wow...This is long. Well I hope you enjoyed from ramblings!
H.N.
There are two things in this world, good and evil. As for me? I'm independent. -Me

"I think; therefore, I am."
— René Descartes