z

Young Writers Society

Breaking Dawn

Reviews: 4
Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:20 am
dreaming_in_poetry says...

I was seriously disappointed in the Volturi. I was counting on Aro and Caius to be MUCH more badass. The tension was mounting through out the book, with Bella having a freak-of-nature child and turning into a vamp, and then it all just died and the whole problem with the Volturi was resolved violence free. Talk about anti-climatic!

I do want to know more about these children of the moon though... Yay for werewolves!

The book was so different from what I was expecting I don't know if it was good or bad.

Reviews: 0
Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:52 am
ldsprincess says...

I'm like super peeved over her putting Midnight Sun on hold. >.<
Granite having it leaked must be hard but when your that famous, it happens. Grow a spine, move on.
She was entirely too dramatic about it!
"She's got it out for me but I wear the biggest smile!"
-Misery Buisness by Paramore

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:02 am
Leja says...

The Book Reviews forum is more for critical reviews of books people have read. For discussing this book in particular, you might consider joining the Twilight group, Alice Cullen Knows Your Next Move, in the groups section :D

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:55 pm
Kaylyn says...

I don't care what ya'll think but I loved the whole book. I LOVED IT!!! The best book ever. I thought the pregnency think was great, I didn't see it coming at all. BREAKING DAWN IS THE BEST BOOK EVR!!
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:33 pm
niccy_v says...

eh thank god i began reading them when BD was out, so i just read them all one after the other. The whole time though i would've liked it if Bella fell in love with Jacob and then Edward had to win her back. hmph they're just TOO deeply in love its sickening.

the sex scenes were interesting... poor pillows and headboard. Then again the pregnancy was horrible, but of course she had to get pregnant. and then the name was horrible. urgh.

i loved the books, but parts were just too fairytale deep-in-love-cant-live-without-you vomit-inducing for me. urgggh. on the all i loved the general plot and Edward I HOPE is a good character in the movie. i'd hate for the movie to destroy the book.
Writing gives my life purpose

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:02 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

I thought breaking dawn was really good, but I liked eclipse the most of all. That's when it started to get really good. I guess I'm just a complete hopeless romantic but I liked the whole, love throughout the whole series kinda thing.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:39 am
Sohini says...

Point one, most of us cannot hate anything that has Edward Cullen in it.

So, BD was something I liked for most bits, and found weird at the eeww bits.

Might I add that there were a tad too many co-incidences? Like, Alice actually finding someone like Reenesme and her perfect entrance and Aro being so oddly calm at all times? (Well, Aro makes a nice and unique character though).

Also, as already pointed out, the Happy Ending was too happy? A saturated kind of Happiness for a book where much emotions are expected? no important deaths at all? *sulks*

I mean, was there any need at all to put Charlie and Sue together? No.

Why didn't Jacob die? Then, he could have a sympathetic ending and I wouldn't hate him so much.

Also, the whole deal bout Reenesme talking was annoying. Don't you think she's too understanding and mentally mature for her age? I did not like that kid. At. All.

And one more thing, I do not agree that the books aren't literature.
Well, it isn't super excellent literature, but it is very contemporary.

I love Meyer's narration. It's modern, quick, different and ... very hip. The dialogues and Edward-Bella conversations are always breath-taking.

Oh, and the last line was a masterpiece. Wouldn't you agree?
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:42 pm
Wcatgal says...

I loved it!

It's a nice endding to the Twilight saga. Seeing Bella as a vampire was awsome and she had a cool power. I liked how Jake told his point of view for some of the story. Jake's chapter titles were so funny! I thought that the excelerated vamperic pregnancy was sort of creepy in a way. I like Emmet more in this book, but I still don't really like Rosilie all that much, but I will say that she has her moments.

I thought the endding was a little too easy with the other halfling showing up with Alice and Jasper at the last minute possible.

But over all...I loved it!!
War doesn't determin whoes right
War determins who's left

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:12 am
SunshineOrange says...

Hm, it wasnt bad but it was a little bit of a downer on the rest of the books.

I mean, fair enough, they lived happily ever after, yadda yadda. But all that happened was just something that I think should have been left for the readers imagination - it was kind of unatural in a way, without me sounding completely stupid.

I think she coped too well, also. That annoys me, when they dont even stuggle!
Ehh Maii Gawwwsh, it's GingerLizzy, on a different profile!

Got YWS? Want a review?

Reviews: 0
Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:42 am
Venustas says...

I could have lived with the pregnancy.
I could have lived with Jacob imprinting on Renesmee.
I could have lived with Bella having no personality whatsoever.
I could have even lived with the whole "happy ending" thing.

However, there is no way that I am going to give this book my blessing after the way Stephenie mauled my precious Volturi. I mean, what the hell was up with Renata? If she's going to show that much fear in the face of danger, she should be ripped apart and burnt! And the wives? What was the point of them if they were only going to stand there in silence?

Also, I would be so much better for Aro then that Sulpicia person.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:27 pm
Night Mistress says...

I like the book, but i didn't like the book.

it was too dry at the beginning and it make me put it down. and the whole pregnancy thing...i think was a desperate attempt in keeping the story going. she could have ended it with Eclipse, but, No....she had to make another.

edward didn't seem like edward and Bella being a vampire didn't seem like Bella. She lose all of the charactics that people like about her.

and i can see the whole imprinting business between Rensemee and Jacob. i may not like it but i can see why.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
— Romans 9:25