z

Young Writers Society

Terry Pratchet

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:32 am
Sohini says...

Yay! Big Sis likes Pratchett too!!

don't love Detritus the troll and Carrot?? i love those two.

Detritus is charmingly stupid, stupidly charming and he's amde of rock, what else can you want? and Carrot...*melts*...he's simply great.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:21 am
deleted6 says...

If you can't read them try understanding when watching them. Wyrde Sisters and Soul Music. My Dad taped them ages ago. Anyway i've read The Amazing Maurice and his EdUcated Rodents, a graphic novel of Gaurds Gaurds and Feet of Clay also read most of Men at Arms and Mort.

How can you not like him his idea of Pork Futures. Pork that is yet to exist but they have warehouses heh. Oh and you gotta love Death someone gotta to start a usergroup for Terry Prachett.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:41 pm
Jules the jester says...

Yeah someone should start s usuergroupd for terry Pratchett. I just love everyone of his books(that i have read).

Men At Arms and Guards Guards are my favourite. Well truly I love all the books with Sam Vimes in them. He is one of the best characters ever.

Carrot and Angua.. When they gonna have kids? Half Dwarf(by adoption) and Half Werewolf. Brilliant.

I got Wintersmith signed by Terry pratchett and he visited my school once and i had to take him to lunch as i was the only student who had really read alot of his books. He is so weird!!
Man:George look at this.
George: look at what?
Man: Ha made you look!
George: Idiot!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:38 pm
Rydia says...

Must agree, Terry Pratchett is brilliant! I love all the ones with the watch in, Sam is hilarious and the best hero ever. Must agree that Guards Guards is one of the best and Men at Arms isn't far behind. Simply superb!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:50 pm
Saphira says...

I don't like any of the Terry Pratchet books. I find them boring and Confusing. I got given loads of books by him before and just passed them on to a friend.
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:54 am
Shadowsun says...

I've read most of the Terry Pratchett books and have really enjoyed them. My favourites would be the ones with Sam Vimes in. He is my favourite character in the entire series.

~ Shadowsun :D
Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Then who cares? You're a mile away and you've got their shoes.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:16 pm
Rydia says...

Yeah, he's brilliant! So who's going to start the usergroup for Terry Pratchett fans? I'll join =)
Writing Gooder

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:41 am
Swires says...

Update: I read Interesting Times and have bought a lot of 18 off of ebay. I've read through 6 of them and now I'm a Pratchett fan. The earlier books are the funniest I think. I love the Granny Weatherwax discworlds the most.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

75 Reviews

Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:10 pm
Jules the jester says...

How do we start a Terry Pratchett usergroup. It would be cool. We could all discuss The oen an only Pratchett.

He is releasing a new book in october.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:31 pm
Rydia says...

You just go to the user groups section. I suppose I could have a go at setting one up but we have to get a certain amount of people to agree to join...
Writing Gooder

75 Reviews

Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:33 pm
Jules the jester says...

Well ther is me and you. And err.... Yes i see you point. We shall rustle up some members.
Set angua on them if neccesary, lol :D

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:59 pm
StellaThomas says...

I adore the Discworld series... Carrot *melts as well* How can you not love him? And Angua? And Detritus? And Nanny Ogg? And Death, I love Death...

Unfortunately, he announced a few weeks ago he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. How ever, (I can't find the article) he said to be optimistic, he had another two books planned already which will definitely be published, and hopefully many more, and the announcement should be read as a sign saying "I ETEN'T DEAD." :) Wishing him all the best.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

*cries into coffee*
— LadyLizz