z

Young Writers Society

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:13 am
View Likes
chocoholic says...

I can't wait to see it as a movie. It will be soooo cool. If anyone wants to talk about it, PM me! I want to talk to someone who has read it. Only me and dad like reading Harry Potter, and dad said he'll take a few more days before he's done, so I have to be very careful about what I say to him.

The Kings Cross bit was cool, but it did confuse me a bit. I'm so glad it was still funny. Maybe not as much humor as the others, but still plenty.

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:19 am
Black Ghost says...

It was absolutely breathtaking. I don't thing there's anything else to be said, but I do think that the epilogue was sort of a neccesity, to finally prove to the world that "YES, THIS IS THE LAST BOOK!"

MM

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:13 pm
Layleun says...

I think that when they make the movie that they'll have a lot to live up to. I mean seriously 700 some odd pages and all of them filled with something going on the movie's gonna have to be a really really really long one.

I just finish it a little while ago..actually last night at 1130 but still. That was a really funky ending. The kids kind of confused me who was who's I mean I got the kid who was named after [censored] but still the rest confused me. AND WHO WAS [censored] MARRIED TO?!?! THEY DON'T TELL!! ARGGGHH THATS SO FRUSTRATING ALL HE DOES IS NOD!!! Now that I got all that out.

I'm so depressed now. First Sirius went, he was my favorite, then [censored] left?!! Right after they had their freakin' baby!! Now that's sad.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:31 pm
Firestarter says...

By the way, everyone can write spoilers in this topic as long as they use the new "spoiler" tag.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:34 pm
Charlie II says...

Hidden [s]messages[/s] spoilers are awesome!

[spoiler]Awesome new tags! Such a shame about a certain free house-elf *sniffs*[/spoiler]

DarkLight
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:35 pm
Fand says...

Too true, DL; I definitely cried at that part. What a noble way to go, though! *sniffles*
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:43 pm
Charlie II says...

[spoiler]To be honest, I think she just got addicted to killing off characters! Most of it was needless violence but I do reckon a certain amount was needed to give the impression of complete futility. I thought the death of a Weasley was really quite harsh and the newly-wed happy couple seemed almost sick.[/spoiler]
Ah well, thankfully it's all over and I don't need to be up until some unearthly hour rubbing my eyes and reading 'just one more' chapter.

DarkLight
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:07 pm
Elelel says...

Loved it! Loved it! *dances around* It is officially my favourite HP book!

I can't BELEIVE we're on the four page of discussion and no one has said anything about Neville being the most awesome person in existance. When I was reading about all the stuff he does, I was completely ready to go "My hero!" and swoon. Well. Maybe not swoon. But still! He's awesome.

[spoiler]This spoiler thing is awesome! Hehe! Secret messages! Yay!

Should I write a spoiler if I made a spoiler message? Nah. It only said it may contain them.[/spoiler]

But anyway. She killed a fair few people, but I reckon when you do battle with the evil lord of darkness and death who has seven or so lives, a giant killer snake, and an army of death eaters, dementors, and whatever else ... realistically there will be death. If the book ended and all the goodies made it, I don't think it would have passed as realistic enough.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:19 pm
The Jesseble says...

Well, it was the last one..so obviously there was going to be a handful of deaths. I keep re-reading my favourite parts. It's so hard when you're the only person in the house who knows the end.

[spoiler]The beginning made my skin crawl though...poor woman! I simply bawled my eyes out at 'the prince's tale'...poor sev.[/spoiler]

Well, the end of an era.

Tj
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

Reviews: 3
Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:53 pm
View Likes
FreedomSeeker124 says...

Took me about 18 hours. I think it's the best one of all 7. I'm looking forward to see this one and the half-blood prince in movie, i think deathly hollow and half-blood prince have the best plot of all 7.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:28 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

I pity the screenwriter who finds the Deathly Hallows tome in his hands. XD Hoo boy. I bet a lot of fans will murder him if he messes it up too badly.

As for movies, I really have no idea how they're going to deal with the chase scene, and Fiendfyre and everything. Oops. I'm sorry, did I just spoil? They're very general terms....xD
ohmeohmy

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:55 pm
View Likes
Cpt. Smurf says...

I'm so unbelievably depressed! It's over! It brought me to the brink of 'I'm gonna cry soon' many times. I read it in about 2 and a half days, so I think I did pretty well as far as savouring is concerned.

[spoiler]I can't believe she killed Hedwig. And Dobby. Those were like the two saddest deaths in the whole book. And Lupin and Tonks. Oh, she's gonna get some hate-mail[/spoiler]

*sniff*
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:00 pm
Leja says...

Kaz: first off, mad cool hidden message. Secondly, I know!! *sad*

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:07 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Pardon my ignorance....I seem to have so much of it these days....but what's going around with the hidden messages and spoiler warnings??
ohmeohmy

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:22 pm
Sureal says...

(It allows someone who has not yet finished the book to read this thread, without fear of spoilers. For everyone who has finished, just click the box, and you can read the message. :))

[spoiler]Of all the deaths in the book, I think that Hedwigs is the one that upset me the most. Poor Hedwig. :([/spoiler]

As for being a hard movie to make: well, it's certainly not the longest. Actually, it's the shortest of all the hardback Harry Potter's (4, 5, 6 and 7). Book 5 is actually the longest of them all, and that has just been made into a movie.

Having said that, I didn't realise it was the shortest until I put it next to the rest of my collection. It 'feels' a lot longer, although I suspect that this is due to the rather epic scale of the story.
I wrote the above just for you.

I didn't know beards could do that ;)
— ShadowVyper