z

Young Writers Society

The Host

582 Reviews

Reviews: 582
Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:56 pm
KJ says...

Yes, the ending was unexpected. And yes, I too had to get used to it, and decide whether or not I liked it. But now I do. I'm the kind of person who likes happily-ever-afters, and this one was just about perfect.

Further discussion that people who have not read cannot see:
[spoiler]But I'm not sure that I liked Melanie when she had her body back... I don't know what it is, but she bothered me. Maybe I just didn't like the idea of her having Jared to herself. In my mind, he sort of belonged to Wanda...[/spoiler]

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:36 pm
JosephDean says...

Yeah, I felt somewhat the same...

[spoiler]I knew that they'd do what they did...... but part of me wanted Wanda to just stay in Melanie's body. I could definitely sense an Edward/Bella/Jacob thing between Jared/Wanda/Ian. Points for originality... /sarcasm. LoL.[/spoiler]

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:12 pm
x0xGilmore Girliex0x says...

I am definitely pro-Stephenie. I love her writing-style and the twilight series. I love Edward and Bella and the Cullens.

That is why it is such a big deal to me that I tell you that The Host was.... better!

I'm all for interesting plot and twists and such, but this one had--I think I should call it-- a hidden message. Kind of like a moral, except you only learn it by reading the story. I wasn't a big fan of the plot and twists (or lack thereof) but the understanding of what it means to be human (there is a quoted review on the book that inspired this thought) was life-changing.

Cheers, to Stephenie, for another great book!
"... and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, " (Hebrews 12:1)

"This race: if you are in it, do your best to win it."
-The Amazing Aaron!

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:10 am
SunshineOrange says...

I loved it to be honest...

It was very original; I know I wouldnt have been able to come up with that. She truly captured the feelings of all of the characters and their desperation to survive was really good!

I found it a little hard to think of an image for the habitat that they lived in, but that was my only trouble, really.
Ehh Maii Gawwwsh, it's GingerLizzy, on a different profile!

Got YWS? Want a review?

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:37 pm
Night Mistress says...

The Host is so much better than twilight. i mean i like twilight too, but this was so much better.

i did feel the whole love triangle again. i love how the character felt average, like us and not superhuman.

Spoiler:

i felt tore when Wanda left Mel's body, but i am glad that Mel got her body back and Jared. so Wanda can have Ian, but Mel can keep Jared. sorry, i love that pairing.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Random avatar

Reviews: 35
Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:56 pm
Venom says...

I loved this book so much. I read it while I was on vacation and I finished it in 1 day. Once I started it, I couldn't put it down. I hate to admit it, but, when I got to the end, I started to cry a little bit. I really wish it had ended differently.

[spoiler]I really, really wish that Wanda had stayed in Mel's body.[/spoiler]

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:04 pm
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Venom wrote:I loved this book so much. I read it while I was on vacation and I finished it in 1 day. Once I started it, I couldn't put it down. I hate to admit it, but, when I got to the end, I started to cry a little bit. I really wish it had ended differently.

[spoiler]I really, really wish that Wanda had stayed in Mel's body.[/spoiler]

Really?
I liked the ending, how everything turned out perfectly.
I cried so hard at the end both times I read it. Like the big fat, ruin your make-up tears.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:00 am
View Likes
StolenHearts. says...

I am a huge twilight series fan and I loved The Host a lot better. It definitely felt more realistic and believable, I don't know why but sci-fi and vampires are my favorite things to read now.

[spoiler]I wish Wanda had gotten a better body, the one she was placed in doesn't do her any good. Wanda deserves to be able to do things she loves and now she can't do anything : P It really made me angry but, the ending was okay I'm getting used to it. I believe a sequel would do her some good.
P.S.I Love Ian :][/spoiler]

Well yeah another great book for Stephenie Meyer. Oh yes and i finished the book the day i got it, I was hooked even if it was slow. So sad when it ended, planning on reading it for a tenth time. hahaha

Well ta ta for now,

Mackenzie

What orators lack in depth they make up for in length.
— Charles de Secondat, Baron de Montesquieu