Young Writers Society

Wuthering Heights

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:12 pm
Twit says...

Wuthering Heights stank. Stinks. Stunk.

It was completely unbelievable, all about people destroying themselves for love. Catherine decides that she won't marry Heathcliff, but she has to destroy herself, Heathcliff and everyone around her to make up for her frustrated passion.

Urgh. Bleagh. Gag.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:21 pm
sofi says...

I loved wuthering heights. i love most of the old classics like that, and i think the brontes are definatly some of the most talented authors ever.

Elimear - I've read Jane Eyre. I think i liked that one even more than Wuthering Heights. Some of the places in it, like the school at the beginning, were based on her own experience and the school her and her sisters were sent to and the whole thing from start to finished was amazing.

if you liked Wuthering Heights you should definatly read Jane Eyre as well. they aren't easy reading or anything but definatly worth the effort. :D
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:21 pm
Clo says...

*gasp* This is one of my most favorite books! EVER!

It's so refreshing from typical romance. Two horribly wicked people destroying everyone around them for love. Amazing!
How am I not myself?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:15 pm
RedLeader115 says...

Absolutely captivating.

I am constantly reading it. Haven't put it down since I bought it, which was quite some time ago.
"To be what we crave to be, we need only be what we say we are" -Socrates

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb"

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:06 pm
keirab says...

TL G-Wooster wrote:Wuthering Heights stank. Stinks. Stunk.

It was completely unbelievable, all about people destroying themselves for love. Catherine decides that she won't marry Heathcliff, but she has to destroy herself, Heathcliff and everyone around her to make up for her frustrated passion.

Urgh. Bleagh. Gag.

TL...where is the romance in your soul?! :P No, actually I felt the same way when I first read it a few years ago, but earlier this year I decided to give it another try and found that I liked it a lot more than I had the first time.

Great book. Great movie. Period.
Sgt: Now, it's quite simple to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana. First of all you force him to drop the banana; then, second, you eat the banana, thus disarming him. You have now rendered him 'elpless.
Palin: What if he's got a bunch?

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:02 pm
Bella says...

Dood, how did I only just now find this? O.o

Anyway, Wuthering Heights is pretty much one of my all time favorite books ever. One of the few that dad bought for me, and it hasn't left my side since.

I haven't seen the movie though...

<3
~Bella Bambina~
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:10 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

I will probably love this book when I get around to reading it. I'm a sucker for a detailed plot and any type of love story.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:30 pm
Kepe says...

I love this book! I think Heathcliff is one of the best villains in literature, and Catherine is just so awful! The story is kinda like watching a string of mistakes all weave togeather to form a revolting, but enjoyable pattern. This book is well worth the read!

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:23 pm
Kaylyn says...

I've never read Wuthering Heights, but I have read several of Emile Bronte's poems. I loved her poetry, so I am sure her book is good too!
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:16 am
Anijumper says...

I really did like Wuthering Heights. I found Joseph's accent incredibly annoying, however. It was very dark and tragic, but it definitely made you feel something. I actually preferred Jane Eyre (one of my all time favorite classics, so hard to beat) over Wuthering Heights, but it was still a good read.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna lay down and become a tomato for a while.
— RokitaVivi