z

Young Writers Society

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:41 am
Areida says...

I thought it was brilliant. Rowling is an incredible storyteller; I would kill to be able to weave a story as masterfully as her.

It took me somewhere between seven and eight hours. I'm not sure, because I read some at the store where I bought it, then took it home and read till I fell asleep, then woke up and read during breakfast and until I was forced to go to Tae Kwon Do. I was in a bad mood the whole time I was in class, because I all I wanted to do was read all day. But when I got home I was happy again, and finished in three hours. Then I called my dad and told him the ending since he's never going to read them. It was fun sharing it with him.

I didn't cry (though I did in the sixth book), but I laughed and gasped and groaned and other such things that made me an excellent audience member. XD
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:49 am
Teague says...

Layleun wrote:I've just about finished it. I love it so far. Ahhhh, I can hear your thoughts now....

'If you haven't finished it, why the hell are you on the stupid internet!! FINISH THE DAMNED BOOK!!!!!'

I've been asking myself the same question....

I asked myself the same question a while ago, when I got online for a brief period early this morning.

I figured it a sort of sanity break. :lol:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:09 am
LowKey says...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I can read it yet! DARN IT!

YES! I LOVE living in the middle of the woods!
YES! I LOVE being able leave my laptop at the library while I go across the street and still have my laptop when I return.
YES! I DO love my life at the moment in this town with a population of 1500 people!

But NO! I DO NOT like having to drive two-three hours to the nearest bookstore! If it were up to me, I'd be waiting in line to get the book at midnight. I can't drive yet. And my parents don't want to drive two-three hours to get a book they don't care about in the middle of the night.

Yes, I am a die hard fan, and no, I don't have the book yet. You can only imagine how I feel right now.

:!: BUT! :!: We're going to the city tomorrow! That means Harry Potter, here I come! :D
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:37 am
Leja says...

I think I like this book the best in the series. It took me a full 12 hours to finish it, mostly because I have a bad habit of pausing mid paragraph to think on tangents for, say, half hours at a time.

I must say, there was nothing in this last book that really caught me off guard. Every possible oh-my-goodness moment had already been thought through in my head. I'm not saying that I was sure what would happen, but nothing truly surprised me.

Arg! No one else has put up spoilers yet, and I don't want to be the first. But I want to talk about it :P

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:45 am
Imelda says...

Last edited by Imelda on Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:59 am
Firestarter says...

The spoiler policy has been made clear. Not our fault you missed it. Anyway, no spoilers allowed as yet.

Probably be lifted in a couple of days.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:00 am
Charlie II says...

Absolutely fantastic. Pure brilliance. It either puts you off writing, when you see that sort of talent, or redoubles your efforts. Wow.

Parts were sad, parts were funny, parts were dark indeed, but it still manages to keep that fantastic excitement of witchcraft and wizardry going. I saw the film for the fifth book yesterday, and now I really want to see what they do with the last two!

Loved it all the way through.

DarkLight
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:21 pm
Pushca says...

I agree with AmeliaOliver about nothing being a real surprise. I guessed Snape's allegiance (though not the other bit about him. So fanfic.), and I guessed that something of the sort would happen with Draco and Peter.

I thought that the finale was lame. I mean, it could have been a lot worse, but it was lame, especially since it came from the amazingly talented J.K.R.

I got it delivered by Amazon, and dragged it out for as long as I could, but I finished it by six. I hadn't gotten enough sleep for days, so by four, I was more or less having fits of hysterics. I practically sobbed with laughter at "STAY AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER, BITCH". I was rather deranged, I must say...
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:24 pm
Fan says...

I must say, that was an excellent book. Rowling has really put the cherry on top of an already sweet cake. I had had some minor speculation conversations with friends but didn't have many theories so I was slightly surprised by some things. However, I was always certain Snape and Dumbledore had made that certain arrangement.

The mood of the book was excellent throughtout, I couldn't help but feel the horrible state the three were in and the dark mood throughout the book.

Too bad it's all over though :cry: . However, with the Potter era (though not hysteria) come to an end, I hope there's another author who will conujure up an equally exquisite tale (I'm getting lingual here).

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:29 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

I loved the comedy throughout it, though. XD :points at signature:
ohmeohmy

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:33 pm
Areida says...

Mrs. Weasley is the bomb. I'm so glad she got a chance to shine at the end of the book.

It kind of reminded me of Eowyn in LotR: "I am no man."

Woo hoo! Go Mrs. Weasley! Get some! :P
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:42 pm
Tyd says...

It was brilliant :D I cred several times, specially once they left the Malfoys mansion and you-know-what happened :P But it was definitely a great read and i wish it wasn't over.

Quote:
"So what's the plan, Harry?" said George.
"There isn't one" said Harry.
"Just going to make it up as we go along, are we? My favourite kind," said Fred.
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:54 pm
Leja says...

Was anyone disappointed with the epilogue? I expected it to be more detailed about the lives of the survivors than that. I still have questions!

Yeah, I don't think it really epologue-ized [to mulitlate and create new words] enough.

Sumi, I LOVE your sig, and I LOVE that line! The whole Weasley family just makes me laugh so so much.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:04 pm
The Jesseble says...

I thought the ending was too abrupt! It should never end XD

I cried at the part when (someone) is sobbing over (someone else)'s body and he can't do anything about it! so sad, but all turns out dandy in the end.

'with the whole wide world of ear-related humour before you, you go for holey?'

I can see why Jo said it was her favourite book :D
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:13 pm
Imelda says...

Last edited by Imelda on Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I know where the wall goes.
— Creed, the Office