z

Young Writers Society

Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse

174 Reviews

Reviews: 174
Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:08 am
lucyy says...

Yep, they are definately the best books ever written & i can't wait for Breaking Dawn to come out!!! If you lot want to find out more about stephenie meyer & countdown to the new book, you should check out Stephenie Meyer's official website run by her brother : http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/ & also there's loads of stuff about the upcoming film in december Twilight & i have to say it looks pretty good :D

& i have to say that it's pretty hard to choose who you prefer between Edward & Jacob as they both are major parts in the book, but i think Edward is destined to be with Bella in a way & her him.

& another thing!! If you check out Entertainment Today website (or it may be on the website above ^^) they've posted the start of the first chapter of Breaking Dawn & i promise you there are no spoilers in reading it, it just makes you want to read the rest of the book & fast!!

Anyway enough of my blabbering, but one last question, has anyone read stephenie meyer's other book The Host science-fiction for people who don't like science fiction?? Well it's great & it shows that Stephenie Meyer is one hell of a writer & that she can't only just write about vampires!!

Love these books & can't wait for Breaking Dawn

Lucy xx

p.ss check out the Breaking Dawn Quotes of the Day on her website .. they get you thinking!!
"Don't think, or judge. Just Listen."

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:48 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

There's a thread for The Host I think...a much better book than Twilight, in my opinion.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:52 pm
KailaMarie says...

i think Stephenie Meyer is a lot better writer than is shown in the Twilight series. I think Twilight and all the other books in the series aren't particularly fantastic writing and plots but, they ARE entertaining (to me at least) and i do enjoy them. I think they aren't realistic (like the relationship between edward and bella) but if they are getting THIS many fans, then she is certainly doing something right.

I think as an author, Stephenie Meyer is a LOT better in the host. i know its taking this off topic, but it's SO much better than twilight in the plot, characters, and just in general, it's a lot better. i think people who don't like the twilight series should read that before they judge her as an author.

-kailamarie.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

Reviews: 2
Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:57 pm
dailystatic says...

for one.... i love twilight and new moon and eclipse. i kinda read the last two when i was supposed to be studying for finals

ya i think stephanie meyer is a much better writer than is shown in the books so far, but i got high hopes for breaking dawn! i mean... she never wrote a book before twilight, and she had a ton of pressure on the sequels, but im sure that after writing the host, she's gotten so much better!

plus, i must say that even though bella and edward are obsessed with each other, it is a good love story because of the flaws.

i really dont know if im on the edward or jacob team.... is that bad?
"Procrastination - do it now, don't put it off," - Ellen DeGeneres

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:35 am
View Likes
Sohini says...

Edward Cullen

*faints*

Edward Cullen

*faints*

He's just so cool!

I think the Twilight series is very easy to read and feel. It's very fluid, like Ed's movements and perfect lik ehis crooked smile.

Bella makes a wonderful character too, most of us girls can smoothly relate herself with her.

Meyer is great at dialogues and I love the conversations so much.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

Reviews: 2
Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:02 pm
UnknownR says...

Stephenie Meyer is a great author and one of my biggest idols.

The two books in her series are very compelling in the ways of romance.

I think she does have little mistakes, but they are very hard to notice.

I think Meyer was a little dull during New Moon, thats why Twilight and Eclipse are my favorite.

The character Jacob made so many things go wrong in the book. Edward is the best; he is breathtaking even in a book!
- From a person who has no soul plan in life because of parents...

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:11 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

I was never able to relate with Bella, except for her hatred of expensive gifts. As arrogant as it sounds, I think I'm stronger than she is. Physically, mentally, emotionally...*blushes and feels dumb* Never mind.

I think the reason I love Jacob is because he makes things go wrong. :D He is the ONLY conflict in that whole series, besides the baddie vamps of course, but even they don't count because Edward's always there.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:02 pm
Periwinkle says...

Did anyone read the Breaking Dawn spoiler that Meyer released?

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20215228,00.html

It's kind of big, but I assumed that would happen so it didn't really surprise me.
Maybe you should kiss someone nice or lick a rock, or both - Regina Spektor

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:08 pm
KailaMarie says...

Periwinkle wrote:Did anyone read the Breaking Dawn spoiler that Meyer released?

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20215228,00.html

It's kind of big, but I assumed that would happen so it didn't really surprise me.

*resists clicking link*

BREAKING DAWN IS COMING OUT IN TWO DAYS!!! im going to the midnight party! =D

*will power depleting... want to click on link... cant do it...* ahh! why did you post that! curse you!(no offense of course, it's not ur fault i want to click on the link. very badly.)
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:17 pm
Dreami says...

[spoiler]The spoiler wasn't really that interesting to me - it has been obvious from other things that Stephanie Meyer has said in the past that it would be Bella and Edward [such as were she said she went back through Twilight and had to write Jacob into the story more]. The thing I don't like about Stephanie Meyer is that her books are so entirely predictable.[/spoiler]

I really hope she pulls a 'J.K. Rowling' and has some huge twists in this book, because everything so far has been pretty straightforward.

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:50 pm
ScarletGryphon says...

I tried to get Breaking Dawn at a nearby bookstore this morning, but they said the didn't want to compete with Barnes & Noble.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:13 pm
cassie17 says...

I liked Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. I got BD yesterday and despite it's massive bulk (754 pages) I managed it in a little over 18 hours. Let's just say I was glad when it ended. I was super disappointed. I don't want to give anything away, but in my opinion, it was as predictable as a badly written fanfiction and I hated how everything that could've gone right did. It was utterly too unrealistic (I mean, haha, of course we're talking vampires and werewolves here) but Bella had everything perfect and it wasn't good enough. I don't know. The best part was getting to finally know Jacob Black the right way. I'm a converted Team Jacob member now.

--Cassie
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain

I am hopelessly addicted to Disney music from the classic animated films.

"In a world of my own, everyone would have a dozen bluebirds."

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:16 pm
StellaThomas says...

It comes out here tomorrow. Thanks for not giving the spoilers, else I'd read them. But from what you say, sounds like I won't be rushing out to buy it. I haven't read it, so this doesn't count as a spoiler, but no doubt it ends up Edward and Bella live happily ever after. I suspected that. I wish that he'd just die... or her, you know.

Sorry. As most people know here, the only part of the series I'm a fan of is Jacob Black.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:38 pm
Clo says...

I'm a fan of Edward. I never understood those signs for "Edward or Jacob?" in book stores. It always seemed very obvious that it was Edward. Meyer pretty much admitted it, and the book made it obvious as well.

I'm 3/4 of the way through Breaking Dawn, and I must say, as exciting as it is, I'm a little disappointed.... though I need to finish it and sort my thoughts out before I can really affirm to a belief.
How am I not myself?

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:55 am
romance otaku says...

is it just me, or was it very easy to guess what was up with ed in the first 50 pages in twilight?

...maybe ive been reading too much chibi vampire again
~Did I help you? If so, please take a second to sign my website's guestbook at http://joeduncko.com/guestbook/. When it gets 100 signs, I plan to release my newest short story! Thanks!

Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
— Pablo Picasso