z

Young Writers Society

Without Remorse

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:33 pm
Fool says...

Without Remorse is, in my opinion a fantastic novel by Tom Clancy, an American thriller writer. It's the first in a long series of books that are loosly grouped around the same character, a man named Jack Ryan. Ryan does not feature much in this first book, which follows John Kelly, an ex-navy Seal, who picks up a hitchiking prostitute who has run away from her pimp, and he falls in love. But she is murdered and Kelly seeks revenage against all pimps and drug pushers in the area. Then the government catchs up with him and wants to use his Seal Talents to send a covert op into North Vietnam (the book is set in 1970) to rescue some POW's, and he has to juggle both his private mission and that of his country.

Its a long, good book, with lots of detail and a truly gripping plot line. Clancy is a wonderful writer and it's often hard to put the book down. A very good read, recomended for anyone who needs something long to read when they run out of other reading material.

Other books in the series inculde

Patriot Games (a film with Harrison Ford)
The Red Rabbit
The Hunt for Red October (a film with Sean Connery)
The Cardinal of the Kremlin
Clear and Present Danger (another Harrison Ford film)
The Sum of all Fears (Ben Aflick this time)
Debt of Honor
Executive Orders
Rainbow Six (a computer game)
The Bear and the Dragon
The Teeth of the Tiger.

The rest of the series follows Jack Ryan, a CIA agent who is out to save the day, working with trusted friends to combat nasty villians in realistic plot lines. Hightly recomended.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience

I don't suffer from stress. I am a carrier.

I think I have thankfully avoided being quoted.
— Lavvie