z

Young Writers Society

Lord of the Flies

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:04 pm
KingKamor says...

I liked all of the violence and such in LOTF, actually. I'm also into horror books and whatnot, so I liked how disturbing it was. I had to read it for english, too, but a lot of my friends were in that class, and we all enjoyed it. =3
"I think it goes until it's done."
"Don't we all."

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:39 pm
Rodhead says...

The book does have a symbolic meaning. It was written shortly after The Great War and showed how people can act when they are put in extreme conditions. It is supposed to show how the human talks about manners and are very pretencious but really we are animals. The boys actions on the dessert Island became savage just like soldiers actons on a warfield.
Impossible is a word to be found in a dictionary of fools- M. Thatcher

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:07 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

Not every book has to be freakishy happy.
Lord of the Flies is one of my favorite books ever.
It's disgusting, distrubing and leaves in you the impression of the true nature of mankind.

I hated reading it in school and listening to my peers massacre the symbolize. All of them, when asked, stated that the Lord of the Flies was a pig head on a stick.

None of them understood the symbolism.
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

Remember when dad's shoulders were the highest place on earth and your mom was your hero? Race issues were about who ran the fastest, war was only a car game. The most pain you felt was when you skinned your knees, and good byes only meant tomorrow? And we couldn't wait to grow up.
— Unknown