z

Young Writers Society

Blue Bloods

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:18 am
Thealyn Rosewolf says...

I looked for a thread about this series, but didn't see one, so here I go.

Blue Bloods is one of the best vampire series that I've read with teenagers as a target audience. It's a little darker then Twilight, and has far more substance then the Vampire Kisses series.

Book 1: Blue Bloods
Book 2: Masquerade
Book 3: Revelations

I've read the first two, and the third just came out so I haven't gotten my hands on a copy yet, but it is on my Amazon wish list.

The main story line is that the upper class of New York City are actually vampires, otherwise known as Blue Bloods. Most don't find out what they are until they are about 15 years-old, because that's when they begin to change. They have an enemy that they refuse to acknowledge called the Silver Bloods, which are vampires who drink the blood of other vampires. There are several twists and turns in the series, and I encourage you to pick up a copy.
They might not be as thick, or as romantic as the Twilight Saga, but it is certainly different, and unique take on vampires, and worth the read.
"I can't stop drinking coffee. I stop drinking the coffee, I stop doing the walking and the standing and the words-putting-into-sentence doing."- Gilmore Girls

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:32 pm
Night Mistress says...

yeah.

i have read the first two and i have the third. i haven't read yet. i think it is unqiue in it way how it shows the vampire as fallen angels.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:42 pm
Kaylyn says...

I've read Masquerade. I wish that I could have read Blue Bloods first, but hey, for some dumb reason, thats the only Blue Bloods book they have. I hated the cliffhanger. And now I'm wishing that I had the other two. It was okay, and unique.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:12 am
LilyJamey says...

I read the first book - unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to read the second or third. Its nice, but too short.
Got YWS?

“I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you.”
— Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince