z

Young Writers Society

How to write fantasy volumes 1-3

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:05 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I just came across these about a week ago and I was wondering if anybody had read them/owned them. They've just been published this year (volumes 1 and 2 in March, volume 3 in early April) and they look good. I'm wondering if they're worth getting because my current work mostly focuses on a non-western society.

If they aren't worth getting, do you recommend any other fantasy reference books? I already have The Writer's Complete Fantasy Reference and love it, but some times I find I need a little more info on stuff and it takes me weeks to find it. Mythology isn't really needed (if it has some, great); I'm mostly looking for weapons' specks, more on castle structure and life and what some of the biases and trade partners were. Anything that has a lot of non-western examples is a huge plus.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

[while trapped in a bucket of popcorn] You know what the worst part is? It's not even butter. We're gonna be destroyed by... ARTIFICIAL FLAVORING!
— Blake Bradley, Power Rangers Ninja Storm