z

Young Writers Society

Gone With the Wind

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:13 am
alicat159 says...

I had to read this for school in 8th grade and I thought I would hate it. But, unexpectedly, I ended up absolutely loving it. Personally, I like books about animals (I relate better :D ), but this book actually kept me interested. Most of the time anyways. I have a hard time getting past beginnings, so I think the constant threat of a pop quiz was the only reason I didn't stop reading. And I'm glad I didn't.

My favorite character was probably Rhett Butler. I LOVE his sarcastic and cruely honest personality! I don't think Scarlett deserves him, though. :P

I haven't seen any thread for this novel yet, so I thought I'd start one. I could've missed it though.

If anyone else out there took the time to read a 1034 page (that's how long mine was) book... what did you think?

XOXO
alicat
~ "I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it." -- Duck Soup
~ "Was she in there before you baked it?" (Gomez refers to the girl popping out of the cake at a bachelor party) -- Addams Family Values

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:56 pm
alicat159 says...

I guess no one else read it...
~ "I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it." -- Duck Soup
~ "Was she in there before you baked it?" (Gomez refers to the girl popping out of the cake at a bachelor party) -- Addams Family Values

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:10 am
Cade says...

<3<3<3 GWTW.

In that it's kind of a trashy romance, but a really awesome one. The Civil War is my favorite and Scarlett is such an interesting character and I want to MARRY Rhett Butler.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
— Mark Twain