z

Young Writers Society

Fever 1793

Reviews: 0
Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:19 am
~*~*~*~SOX~*~*~*~ says...

Written by Laurie Halse Anderson. Copy Righted in 2001.

Fever 1793, Is a book that I found to be Very inspiring and made you want to read for hours. I usually read more fantasy books but my first historical fiction book is one to remember!

Fever 1793 is basically about a girl named Mattie. Her family (Mother and Grandfather) run a small coffee house in Philadelphia back in 1793. At this time, Philadelphia is like the New Worlds capital. But when summer comes, a fever comes to. Many people fall sick. And then the fever hits the coffee house. Matties own mother gets a serious case of fever. Most doctors don't know what is best for the patience. Maatties mother dicides to send her to the country side, to get away from all the sickness and death. But she too ends up with the fever.

This book has been one of my best reading experiences ever! I definantly recomend it to everyone!

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:22 pm
Sam says...

Yeah, I really liked it too. Probably because of the fact that it wasn't all that fluffy, like some historical fiction I could mention...*sorts through old writing folder*
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:36 pm
alwaysawriter says...

I loved that book! It was the first book to ever make me cry. :)
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:33 am
beautyandthefish says...

I just recently read that book again just for fun, and found that it was even better the second time.
It was a very moving and poignant book, and displayed courage, and heartache in a non-gruesome way.

842 Reviews

Reviews: 842
Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:48 pm
ashleylee says...

Yeah, I totally agree. It is probably on my top list for Must-Read books :wink:
I liked it because, like most of you said, it didn't hide the gruesome facts from the reader. It just told you flat out how it was.

Very Inspirational! :D
"Woe to the man whose heart has not learned while young to hope, to loveā€”and to put his trust in life."
~ Joseph Conrad

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
~ Red Auerbach

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:10 am
JC says...

I loved this book in elementry school. My fifth grade teacher stole it from me :(

But yeah, from what I remember it was really good. I should probably read it again or something.
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think.
— Niels Bohr