z

Young Writers Society

Eric Nuyland's Halo: Ghost of Onyx

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:36 pm
MadHatter says...

When I first started reading this book, I had high expectations for it simply because it's based on one of the greatest video games ever made. If it didn't live up to my standards in the very first chapter, I would have chucked. But it did. The book was amazing.

Plot/Flow: I give both of these subjects 5/5's. I thought Mr. Nuyland did an excellent job in creating a plot line that fit the Halo universe very well and presented it to us in a very great fashion. The main idea of the plot was thought up in such a way that it hinted at the games plot, but pretty much stayed away from most of the characters in the game and just created new ones.

Character Development: I give the character development a 9/10. I really like how he introduced his characters and how he made you either like them or hate them, but he he didn't describe them well enough for my standards. In the games, you see so much detail of facial features and so much detail of characters. But the book failed to do so. But, then again, it's easier to show in a video game than in a book.

OVERRALL SCORE: 19/20

I really like this book and suggest it to anyone interested in the games and such.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how.
— Friedrich Nietzsche