z

Young Writers Society

The Temeraire "Saga"

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:04 am
Temeraire :3 says...

The plot starts when the captain of a War Boat, William Laurence, captures a French frigate holding a precious dragon egg sent from the Chinese, which was intended for Bonaparte himself. The dragon hatches, and the captain is the only one he would accept; the journey basically begins from there.

The plot is really good, and holds your attention. Plus, it isn't quite so cliché as other dragon stories, as it takes plays in the early 19th century. The battle scenes are well written, and keep the mood very well.

Sorry if I wrote the 'review' (more of a way to gain discussion about it =P) awkwardly; I wrote it at 11 PM :)

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:19 am
Gladius says...

Temeraire :3 wrote:Sorry if I wrote the 'review' (more of a way to gain discussion about it =P) awkwardly

That's perfectly fine, Temeraire. I understand. :P

I like the fact that you've put in in Bonaparte's time- I've read a whole bunch of books from a series set in just that particular time. But have you done a lot of research on this time, just know a lot about it, or what? How many dragons are actually around on Earth during this time? How will this interweave with the time's history?

So many questions! :P But I guess they'll be revealed in the story.

Good luck!
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:27 am
Temeraire :3 says...

No, you understood me wrong xD

I was reviewing a written story, already published =P

But however, the story I am planning to write will seem like it is from the Napoleonic era.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:53 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

i think i saw these books on amazon.com the other day. they looked really good. :D
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:37 pm
Firestarter says...

I've read the first one, but none others. I should really pick up the other two, since it's my favourite period of history intermixed with fantasy, and I thought the first was pretty good.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

I have a Gumbie Cat in mind, her name is Jennyanydots; Her coat is one of the tabby kind,with tiger stripes and leopard spots.
— T.S. Eliot, Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats