z

Young Writers Society

Silence of the Lambs

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:21 am
Gadi. says...

WOW!

Amazing. It's an original page-turner, to say the least.
First off, Clarice and Hanibal are brilliant together. I watched the movie after reading the book, and I have to say that it was almost perfect, except the scenes with Hannibal. Hannibal int he movie was perfect, but it was exactly like the book.

The book was so amazingly written, so extraordinary, murder, horror, death, wow! Just excellent.
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:26 am
Emerson says...

ooo. I didn't know there was a book?

I'll certainly have to read it then! I tried watching one of the movies, but got a little freaked out early. This was before my toleration and love of horror movies. heh.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:38 pm
Tessitore says...

If you liked SOTL, you simply have to pick up the next installment, Hannibal. The movie was not anything as wonderful as the book, which is so bizaar and horrific that it just sent chills up my spine. Watch the movie afterwards, but do remember it is not as great an adaptation as SOTL.

Thomas Harris also recently written 'Hannibal Rising', though I have not read that one yet. Movie came out, of course, soon afterwards. There is also 'Red Dragon', the first in the series of Hannibal Lector. Red Dragon was turned into two movies; Manhunter and later Red Dragon. Manhunter has to be the best, even though Anthony Hopkins does not play Hannibal and Brian Cox takes a bit to get used to (still does a terrific job).

Ones of the greatest things about SOTL is that I now know how to tan human skin...
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

Life’s disappointments are harder to take if you don’t know any swear words.
— Bill Watterson