z

Young Writers Society

Keys To The Kingdom

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri May 11, 2007 11:55 pm
order says...

This series was made by Garth Nix, who is also the writer of the Abhorsen Trilogy as well as Shades Childred. It is an awesome series so far and the characters are built up pretty well. He also has that ability to give you those slightly annoying but incredibly desired cliff hangers.

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Sat May 12, 2007 12:30 am
Insomnia says...

Yeah. I read The latest one last weekend (along with like four other books lol!). And it has some good jokes, don't forget those. I can still remember the Marilyn Munroe (sp? :o) style breezes joke lol!

They can be really confusing when you first start reading, especially if you're younger. It pays to just not let that stop you reading them. You might never get back.

-Mat

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat May 12, 2007 8:51 am
Tyd says...

Hmm, i am looking for a new book to read; this one seems interestingly enough... whats it about?
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat May 12, 2007 12:03 pm
order says...

Well, its basically about a kid with asthma who has sort of been chosen to wield a blade. The kid lives on earth but there is a parallel world in which 7 people with 7 parts of the key and the will live; these 7 people rule different parts of the world. I can't really go into the more intriguing details without ruining the story but this book is incredibly good... Garth Nix at his best.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun May 13, 2007 10:48 am
Tyd says...

OO sounds really good! I'll definately look it up next time i hunt for a book!
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Sun May 13, 2007 11:13 am
tinny says...

My little sister loves these, I lend her them all the time. I found them a little disappointing after reading the abhorsen trilogy, I don't think they're as good, although they are still very enjoyable.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun May 13, 2007 1:59 pm
Cold And Broken Halleluja says...

I thought these books were great. In fact, I just did a book review on them for my English class. I do agree that they are pretty confusing, especially for someone like me who reads them too fast and usually misses alot of important details ^^ Anyway, through Arthur's seriousness, I love catching a glimpse of Suzy's... um, humor. :D
"Soar, eat ether, see what has never been seen; depart, be lost, but climb." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Help me get that second star! If you need a review, just send me a PM. (Keep it PG, please. Except for violence... I can handle that. ^^ )

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Fri May 18, 2007 2:53 pm
Imelda says...

I love these books, despite the fact that they're aimed at a slightly younger audience, there's plenty to take away from them anyway. It's a original idea Nix is working with here--possibly more original than the Old Kingdom series (does anyone else keep mixing the two names up? I wish they had less similar names! :p).

Suzy is definitely my favourite character. I was disappointed with how little she featured in Drowned Wednesday (the worst book of the series by far, in my opinion).

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri May 18, 2007 3:38 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Hey, I guess I'd better check these out. My little brother's an avid Garth Nix fan and he's been pestering me to read them for AGES. I always thought they sounded just a little too young (and it's hard to put aside Orson Scott Card for something that sounds "a little too young") but as soon as I'm done with Shadow Puppets I might just have to take a peek.
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon May 28, 2007 3:22 pm
The Jesseble says...

I definately find Mister Monday the best one, even though it's the first of the series. I have to admit that i had to read them again because of the complex plot. But once i got hold of the idea, the series really starts to unfold. Though, Arthur gets on my nerves...he's so indecisive XD though i love how he's not the average hero.

I definately recommend them, it's always a nice change to read something original.

Tj
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:48 pm
Penhaligon29 says...

I'm looking for Lady Friday and it's driving me nuts. I have to find out what happens to Arthur, of course then I'll have to wait for Superior Saturday (Book 6) and then Lord Sunday (Book 7), but I think it's worth it. I love this series and really hope that they make them into films, I'd love the opportunity to play Arthur Penhaligon (yes, I based my screen name off of the series, but I'm obsessed). I recommend this wonderful series to anyone who likes Fantasy, Adventure, or Harry Potter. This series is so wonderful that I don't want it to end at Lord Sunday.
I lead the Curtain Club. Find out what this is by following this link:
topic20026.html

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:11 am
Mythic Writing says...

Although I like Garth Nix, this series is aimed just a little young for me, I love it. The Old Kingdom Trilogy I love and gave to my mum (never share books with her - doesn't appreciate them). I also managed to get my sister hooked on the Keys to the Kingdom. Superiour Saturday cannot come fast enough!

Agreed?
Cause We are Gonna Be
Forever You and Me
You Will Always Keep Me High
Flighing High in the Sky of Love
~Lighthouse Family, High

No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies.
— Daisy Bates