z

Young Writers Society

The Crucible

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:18 pm
Taiven says...

I finished reading The Crucible by Arthur Miller a few weeks ago after it was assigned for english class. I really enjoyed it even though I do not usually like reading plays. The entire history behind the Salem Witch Trials is incredibly intresting, despite the depressing theme behind it. In the play the characters were all well developed and the plot itself was exciting and kept me wanting to read more, taking into account the "edge of your seat" conflict the main characters faced. The ending also fit the story well.
Has anyone else read The Crucible? What did you think of it?

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:09 am
wysteria says...

my school put on that play, and i thought it was amazing. the salem witch trials are so darn fascinating.

and yes, i agree. the ending was really good.
how many lands behind me? how many seas?

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:59 pm
Alainna says...

I read it as part of my research for my public speaking on Witches and it was great!!

I never expected to read a play and find it that gripping, it must be amazing to see it performed.

The characters were very believable and the plot was soo gripping.

Definitely recommend it,
Alainna
xxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:33 pm
Taiven says...

I'd love to see it perfomed! I've watched two versions of the movie however, and both were great although one didn't follow the plot of the play entirely.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:10 am
BellaLuna says...

I had to read The Crucible this year for my Honors English class. To be perfectly honest, I was disappointed with it. I was really looking forward to reading it because I find the Salem Witch Trials really interesting. I think I didn't like it because it was in the format of a play. If it had been a novel, I probably would have enjoyed it.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:29 pm
Foreseer says...

Hey, I read The Crucible, for an English assignment. I thought it was okay, the book was okay. The plot was well thought out as well as the characters but, I don't know, I felt like it lacked a little something. Don't get me wrong, though. I think the history about the Salem Witch Trials were really interesting.
~*~It's Not Faith If You Use Your Eyes ~*~
- Miracle by Paramore

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:02 am
scrambled_pages says...

This play was great. I loved that it was a simplistic/fast read without making the plot any more simplistic, its subject matter is a little gloomy and the tone helped me to get through it without feeling thouroughly depressed and yet, I also understood the horror of the whole situation. Also the way that The plot was presented really gave me a feeling that I had an idea of the consequences of the hangings on a broader spectrum, I mean it wasn't fcused so much on the consequences for the main characterts as it was for the whole town.
I have researched the Salem witch trials and so far as I can see the play is also very historically acurate,

I didn't know there were 2 movies, hmm, I must hunt down the one I haven't seen... :D

-Gen
"There is no happiness in love, except at the end of an English novel."
-Anthony Trollope

Some twenty years from now, users will ask a similar question about world famous Chicken poetry and Google will tell them about alliyah.
— Hkumar