z

Young Writers Society

Bartimaus triligy

Random avatar

Reviews: 28
Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:04 pm
rodent says...

A fun read , at times you wander why your holding thirteen kiligrams of wood , On other rarer occasions you acctually sweat ( i did ) and forget your looking at ink and paper. Its about Demons and politics and magisions and the common public and genrally cool this centuary stuff . Has anyone else read it ( Im half way through ptolomys gate , he/she who spoils it will recieve beeping male :D ) .

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:10 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Yay! I LOVED the Bartimaeus trilogy--it truly is fantastic. I won't ruin the ending for you, ro, just know that it will be awesome. This book gets five stars from the bird!
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:45 am
Myth says...

Yay! Fun book! I loved it and have all three in my shelf. *treasures her copies*
.: ₪ :.

'...'

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:49 pm
Esmé says...

Ahh, Bartimaeus... Great book )I onlz read the first one=. Looking forward to the rest!

-elein

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:15 pm
magiclukehutch says...

I've never read or heard of the series but I'll look out for it!
Always happy to help!

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 am
Armadian says...

I loved the first one and the second one. I haven't had time to go and pick up the 3rd though.
How can you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist...

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:54 am
Sage says...

*drools*
Bartimaeus Rocks!!!
I don't generally buy things unless I feel I have to, but I fully intend to go out and get those books. Maybe even in hardback. Next to Puck (Midsummer Night's Dream), and Gen (The Thief, Queen of Attolia, King of Attolia), Bartimaeus is probably my favorite published troublemaker;)
True friends stab you in the FRONT. (Oscar Wilde)

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:53 pm
Maybe says...

The Bartimaues books were really good. I enjoyed them but thought they were boring at some points. All in all, they were awesome books, though.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:53 pm
order says...

This book was awesome, I especially liked the end. :wink:

Reviews: 4
Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:38 am
rainerfreak2005 says...

YESSSSSSSSS!!! This series is ON. I loved all 3 my most favourite being the second.The characterization and the plot the polotics intrigue and humor 10/10!

227 Reviews

Reviews: 227
Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:16 am
Mad says...

I loved the series as well and I really hope Stroud writes some more.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:34 pm
Thriving Fire says...

Those books are magic... Jonathan stroud is brilliant at combining action and humour, along with Nathaniel's cold-hearted seriousness. Bartimaeus may just be one of the best characters of recent years. I would say to anyone who hasn't read them, read them now!
I have an idea about these voices I hear
They're audible to everyone
Everyone but me

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:04 am
Fireweed says...

I've only read the first book, 'twas awesome... It's great to see fresh, original fantasy that doesn't rely on cliches and isn't totally predictable... *coughChristopherPaolinicough*
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:38 am
Crysi says...

Please use spell check, rodent. ;)

I'm in love with this trilogy! I've read the first book, and I'm halfway through the second, although I haven't had time to read lately. The snide comments from Bartimaeus make it totally worth it. My only complaint is that I find myself skipping ahead to see when Bartimaeus has his next chapter, because the others seem boring in comparison. Still, definitely an entertaining read.
Love and Light

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:21 am
Sohini says...

I'm reading book 1 currently and boy daoes it rock!!!

Yeah Stroud! he's soo funny. i adore Bartimaus. he's always ironical.

and did anyone notice how grandly and precisely Stroud has described th eactions, even the little details are amazingly precise. i love his narration.

and swiching between point of views of characters is such an innovative idea!
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

"The rules of capitalization are so unfair to the words in the middle of a sentence."
— John Green, Paper Towns