z

Young Writers Society

The Historian

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:57 am
Jiggity says...

I haven't read this book myself, but i heard it was absolutely brilliant. Publishers paid 2.4million for the book, 10 years before it was written!!! Fox studies bought the film rights to it for 1.8 million! So apparentl its really good and there's an excited hype surrounding it. Has anyone read it?
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:00 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I haven't. Maybe you can read it and submit a proper book review when you finish?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

798 Reviews

Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:13 am
Jiggity says...

Well this was really delayed but I finally got round to getting and starting to read it. Now I dont need to complete to submit a review because I can always tell what kind of book a novel's goiong to be within the first 100 pages. This is an extremely methodical and thorough book. The kind you read slowly, the kind you savour. Its something you'd read on a rainy, stormy night wrapped in a blanket; beside a fireplace. However this is to its disadvantage as well because a lot of people dont or wont have the patience to go through with it as it is kinda slow.
Still it deserves a looker so give it a go, be patient and you shall be rewarded.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

Reviews: 3
Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:46 am
saoirse says...

I just read it recently. I agree, it is very thorough, and you have to read it slowly or else you won't get the whole story. But that's because there is a lot of detail and history in it to remember.

And now it is one of my favorite books. It's very amazing and unique and just absolutely wonderful! I mean, it combined vampires and history, right? How could it not be good???
sweetheart
sick body part
sickheart
sweet body part

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:58 am
Emerson says...

I've been wanting to pick it up, being the vampire fan that I am, so perhaps now I will?

If Jiggy's reading it, that must mean something!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:11 pm
Esmé says...

Read it ^_^ Or its translation, anyways. I admit, at some parts I got pretty bored and skipped a few pages, lol.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:34 pm
Swires says...

Ivwe seen this in book shops. I pick it up then put it back down again. Its a vampire story and I arnt a fan of vampire books.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:07 pm
Myth says...

I borrowed it at the weekend, so far it isn't so bad. I usually avoid Dracula/vampire books these days.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

798 Reviews

Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:16 pm
Areida says...

I usually avoid vampire stories altogether because they usually make me want to hurl, they're so bad. But this is really an excellent book so far.

Of course, I'm only about fifty pages in, so I still have a good six hundred pages in which to change my mind. :P
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Reviews: 4
Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:40 am
View Likes
rainerfreak2005 says...

This is the vampire book for those who hate vampire books.A deliciously engrossing scholarly quest this makes my top 10 books ever list and that is saying something!
<<Perfectly`~`Insane>>...Queen in a lost world but i will not be saved.
"Well I was born brave but Im bolder now
Was cold from birth but Im colder now
A murder! Them fi know say man a born soulja
Over di years, and still a soulja now."-Assassin

The Twelve Makeovers of Haircules is the stuff of legend. He defeated the Erymanthian Beard. One could say it was a hair raising adventure.
— KateHardy