z

Young Writers Society

Interview with a Vampire - Ann Rice

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:43 am
View Likes
luna_the_shiekah says...

I have yet to actually read her vampire work. Despite the fact I've been on a vampire binge the past month book wise. Maybe I'm inadvertantly rebelling?

Just kidding, it's mostly because the copies at my library are the hardcovers and I know I'll want to read it at school. It's practically another text book to carry...

Claudette wrote: I don't mind that she won't be writing about vampires. Some people are angry at her for it, but She's the author, she can write about what ever she wants.

I agree completely. It's a bit odd that she'd suddenly get so religious but at the same time, she's probably sick of writing about vampires and wanted a change.
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:05 pm
Emerson says...

It's a bit odd that she'd suddenly get so religious

Well, from what I've read/heard about her, she grew up catholic and stayed strong with it until her adult years, and when her daughter died she was very depressed and drank a lot. If I'm correct, her husband also passed away (or perhaps it was only that he had a bad accident? I don't quite remember) a few years ago. Some people say this led her back to her catholic faith, but she says his death did not.

But....don't quote me on any of this XD I have terrible memory.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Reviews: 3
Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:03 am
saoirse says...

Anne Rice is my favorite writer ever. She's amazing. I mean, I'm speechless. I don't even know how to say it.

Interview with the Vampire was a great movie. "Evil is a point of view." I love that quote. And I agree with Tom Cruise being great in that. I don't think there could ever be a more perfect actor to play him. It kind of freaked me out when I heard that Brad Pitt was playing Louis, because.......it just freaked me out. He was pretty darn good though. Kirsten Dunst as Claudia=amazing. Also perfectly chosen. And I find it hilarious that Antonio Banderas played Armand. Ha! I call him the Latin vampire.

Speaking of Armand, I am in love with him. I've been reading the books all out of order, so the first book I read with him in it was Queen of the Damned. It's one of my favorites, and he's my favorite character.

As for those who couldn't get into Interview With the Vampire, you should really try reading another one of her books. I think that's, so far, the most boring one. The others are much more interesting.

Also, concerning her religion, she's always mentioned the vampires as believing in God and some considering themselves damned because of what they are. So, I don't think she's making too much of a change.
sweetheart
sick body part
sickheart
sweet body part

fun fact i hear my evil twin once wrote a story about a hacker who used the name fyshi33k bc there are 33k-ish species of fish and she liked phishing so fyshi-33k made sense but then she got super embarrassed when someone forced her to explain
— VyperShadow