z

Young Writers Society

The Kite Runner

Reviews: 0
Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:28 pm
Ryuichi says...

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Has anyone read it? It was sooo good. I highly suggest it. It was really sad and sweet and kinda "ewwww" at points. I cried, yes I a boy cried, several times. But, it's just one of those book...
"When all your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed."-Mr. Marilyn

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:08 am
Persephonie84 says...

:) ~ Nope but it's on my to read list.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:28 pm
Emerson says...

A friend of mine told me I should read it. But I'm not sure if I'm going to. its on my list though. I'm surprised no one else here has read it. (Or has posted about it...)
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:43 pm
Revere says...

I read this book! I thought it was really good, too. I can't wait for more from Khaled Houssini.
"[Maybe] If they don't light it, it can never go out."
^Mary, from Heat

>Previously known as green_river<

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:43 am
Dream Deep says...

I read that a good while ago, I though it was a very sweet story. I like how the story made a full circle, how everything was resolved. ^_^ It was wonderfully well-written, too.

I got my dad to read it and he may or may not have cried.

Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:40 pm
BettyGoose says...

I finished this book recently, and I have to say it was one of the most moving books I have ever read. And I cried too! (I may not be a guy, but trust me, my emotial capacity makes most guys look like whimpering romantics lol.) Definately 'eww points', but only when necessary to show the horror of the situation. I'm really glad you enjoyed it too!

Best Quote was def: 'There are many children in Afghanistan, but little childhood.'

Au Revoir
- Let's go and find a bar, so dark we forget who we are! So that all the scars from the Nevers and Maybes...die! -

“And how shall I think of you?' He considered a moment and then laughed. 'Think of me with my nose in a book!”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell