z

Young Writers Society

The Painted Duchess by Anne Bruck.

Reviews: 4
Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:26 am
Beauties_Prototype says...

This is my first review. Forgive me if I make a few mistakes.

I recently read the book, The Painted Duchess. Its a book about a Duchess, she is beautiful, flirtatious, bold but so insecure, with this attitude she is able to cativate the hearts and minds of many men in the spanish court. This is a wonderful book that demands you read it from begining to end without putting the book down.

Its a story that takes the best of all worlds, with a hint of mystery, a touch of love and a whole lot of deceit and jealousy.

Anne did a wonderful job of getting into the mindset of a stubborn character such as Maria Teresa(The duchess). The vivid imagery portrayed by the writer and the witty humor is consistant through out the book and there is never a boring moment as you follow the rise, fall and rise once more of the Duchess of Alba.

This is an excellent book that I would recommend to anyone who can get their hands on a copy. Though it isnt greatly known so It could be a search before you find one.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much all of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy