z

Young Writers Society

Books you loved more than the movie...

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Mon May 13, 2013 6:20 pm
ChocoCookie says...

The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling and A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks.
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:57 am
SakuraFallsSweetly♥ says...

I agree with Midnightread about the fifth Harry Potter book. There's just no comparison. It's just... great.
The only true failure, is when you give up. ♥

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:27 am
View Likes
Pencil2paper says...

Either Percy Jackson- The Lightning Thief or Fallen. TLT had hardly anything to do with the actual plot, but Fallen not only had a completely different villain, it also had the exact opposite message of the book. In the book, it was about the son of satan and the book was actually somewhat satanic, because satan ended up saving the world by bringing hell back inside himself so it wouldn't be unleashed in the world by the evil angels. (No, I am not part of a satanic cult and neither was the author) But in the movie he had to be forced into hell once more after he tried to escape. It as terrible.
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:53 pm
Firepower13 says...

I suppose the worst blows for me were twins, V for Vendetta and Watchmen. Both stunning and visually amazing novels. Both very, very clumsily adapted.
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Don't you have other things to do? Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler

163 Reviews

Reviews: 163
Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:51 am
View Likes
Mysticalxx says...

ALL the HP movies. They are so overrated...ughh. Especially the Orcder of the Phoenix.......it made me die. I just wanted to kill the director and everyone else. Like, there was NOTHING similar to the book, and the acting was....................................this.

The Percy Jackson movie was also ....................a DEATH.

Also, the Ella Enchanted movie made me ........so disappointed! It was AN EXACT OPPOSITE OF THE BOOK! IT MADE ME DIE! *WAILS*
We all want to be different, which makes us all the same.

Reviews: 4
Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:36 am
View Likes
BlackTea says...

Percy Jackson is one of my favourite books and they are waaay better than the movies. :!: :D

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:53 pm
View Likes
mysterygirl says...

Books I've loved more than the movie? Hm...Most of the Harry Potter series; the Hunger Games series (please don't kill me); the Chronicles of Narnia series (I am pertaining to the new version, because I liked the older version as a child); the PERCY JACKSON SERIES (which was horrendous!!! I mean, the movies did not follow the plot at all). The Giver movie was also pretty bad, since I that book technically gave me life during middle school.....and the movie was pretty far from the plot (not as bad as how the Percy Jackson ones murdered the books). I also remember watching the "Ella Enchanted" movie, and that was the worst one of them all! It might have been an okay *okay* stand alone comedy, but it really was just treacherous compared to the book.

The only exception for me is "The Book Thief" movie. I loved both the book and the movie (which in my opinion was perfectly casted and had really nice screen "shots") .
all i want is freedom, a world with no more night, and you always beside me, to hold me and to hide me -- "Phantom of the Opera"

"He never went out without a book under his arm, and he often came back with two" - Victor Hugo

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:39 pm
View Likes
godlypopo says...

THE DIVERGENT SERIES. I mean the books were awesome and the first movie was pretty close and good. But Insurgent was, whilst good, so far from the book that it hurt. It drifted so much that it pretty much became more of a spin off than an actual book to movie film. I haven't seen Allegiant in movie form yet but I am pretty reluctant to watch it anyways.
Ah well rant over ^-^
Our mind is a network of doorways, each one leading to a different room of thoughts and imagined ideas. Every time we read or learn about something new, a new network of doorways is born

Smile

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:52 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

Prince Caspian from the Chronicles of Narnia. The book was great, but the movie was so far from the book it just wasn't my favorite. And it did have some cheesy romance that was kind of weird. The movie was good on it's own, but if you read the books then watch the movie, it just doesn't seem nearly as good.

On the other hand, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe stuck really close to the book. I loved that movie.
Last edited by ChieTheWriter on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:30 pm
KaiRyu says...

The Home for Peculiar Children. I LOVED the book, but the movie messed up much of the key parts of the book...
“So what? You're another person so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for?” Ciel Phantomhive

"Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!" Bill Cipher

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers