z

Young Writers Society

The Magicians Guild

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:46 am
Swires says...

The Magicians Guild by Trudi Canavan is the first in an epic adventure of a small girl named Sonea who has been sighted and caught having magical powers by none other than a guild of magicians.

The story starts by getting stuck into the pinnicle of the adventure and the main plot. The magicians, hated by all the people of the slums come to do their annual purge and drive vagrants out of the city under the command of the King. Here Sonea finds she has magical powers when she wills a stone to pass through the invincible magical wall.

The tale spirals out of control when Sonea is chased by the Magicians who are desperate to control her powers.

Canavan presents an interesting read here by weaving a plot that is unique and sensational. I would truly recommend buying this and the rest of the series.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:30 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

Heehee! I read the entire trilogy on vacay in Ireland, took me less than a business week.

Cery just has bad luck with women - real bad luck.

Sonea gesturing frantically towards box: Move! Move! *box bursts into flame* Okay I can deal with that.

;)
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:44 am
View Likes
Swires says...

lol, Ive ordered the other 2 off amazon, should be coming soon. Also her new book Priestess of the White and Last of the Wilds.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:22 pm
The Jesseble says...

I've read Priestess of white...but its not as good as the Holiness of the Black magician trilogy. I recommend it though...the dialogue is really good i found
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.
— Joyce Meyer