z

Young Writers Society

Offended People Offend Me!!!

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:57 am
Fullmetal13 says...

Hey guys it's me, Walter. For you dimwits still telling me to post my blog on the blog thingy it's not going to happen. Posting it on a forum gets me more traphic and so more people can see what i want people to see so my oppinion gets out there. Now I know that I know most people don't care but eh for those of you who do, thank you. Now first in the news, THE NEW BATMAN AND SPIDERMAN POSTERS ARE OUT!!! -clears throat- Well then that's taken care of. In other news, the new MIB3 trailer's also out. I know it's just hollywood trying to make more money but hey it looks cool and Will Smith is freaking amazing. I just wish they'd remake Green Lantern. That really pissed me off. Here I am, a hug gl fanboy and my dreams and hopes are crushed by Ryan Reynolds so as of right now you are a douche. You're welcome. I also learned that ... idk I don't learn much ever. I met a person on this site named Jackie. She's like the coolest person here (no offense to any lady viewers) but so far she's like my first friend but shadow so Jackie you are my cpitw of the day (coolest person in the world). I got to thinking last night (crappy transition) of what offends me. Not much does. Not much pisses me off because I know I'm fat and I know I'm ugly so eh whatever. What pisses me off is people who get offended at little thing. These are just examples so don't get mad at me. Shadow was havin an rp with some people and I walk in talking, not using brackets then there was this big arguement about brackets. I'm an rper too. I know how to do it. I've never seen anyone use brackets when they're not even a character. Brackets are for breaking character. GAH! Another one is I got asked not to use the term tinyminiskirts because it offended people. What's so bad about tiny miniskirts? I love tiniminiskirts. They look great on woman....I take that back not all woman 'eh hehe they'd look good on jackie'...you guys didn't see that thought did you? No? Good. Well anyways if people are really going to just get offended at stuff I'm going to get offended at offended people. Then maybe all the people who get all pissed off for nothing will GO THE HELL AWAY!!!! Anyways, thank you followers, I will see you tomorrow. Leave your comments on what you think of what offends you and what you think of the green lantern movie by hitting that reply button up top. I'm Walter Fleming, and I approve this message.
"To hell with circumstance. I create my own oppurtunities." -Bruce Lee

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:31 am
NightWriter says...

You know what?
I love the way you write.
Hate what you're writing about, but I love the writing. You have so much character and personality and it's really, really entertaining to read.
You asked me what offends me, and I'll say talking about women in miniskirts like they're pieces of meat.
Don't take it personally, just saying.
And The Green Lantern? All I got from that movie is that the main guy starred in 'The Proposal' and I love that movie.
Shows what I know, yes?
Keep up the good work bro.

NightWriter x
raised by wolves // brought up on words.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:33 am
View Likes
BigBadBear says...

It offends me when people call me a dimwit. This needs to be in your blog. Not on the forums. If you want your blog to get more traffic, don't be obnoxious and be an active member. Review, comment on other blogs, and post on your blog.

But not in here. This is YWS. Your blog is your blog.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

43 Reviews

Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:36 am
Fullmetal13 says...

nnooohhh nnoooh i keep it on general asrticles.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:39 am
BigBadBear says...

Before you say anything else, read this.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

43 Reviews

Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:42 am
Fullmetal13 says...

nnoooh nnoooh i write what i want where i want so yeah....buy me more lemon pledge

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:52 am
yinyang823 says...

Yea so I agree with the first replier because you really do have a lot of personality in your writing and I could've read on and on (that doesn't sound creepy right?) Although I didn't really care about what you were writing about it was funny and therefore worthwhile. What offends me is...well like the guy who wrote this, not a lot. I don't think i get offended at really anything but I can get really mad at stuff. Is that the same thing? If it is then....one of the things would be people not treating each other equally becuase of stupid little stuff like oh, sexuality or oh, ya know, color of skin, or even GENDER *cough* tinyminiskirts man I mean you *cough* I wasn't offended or mad at the comment but it was on the border for me. (if i knew you well enoguh and knew you were joking it wouldn't bother me) As for the green latern, I love it (the idea. sadly I haven't gotten my hands on the comic yet) I didn't mind the movie, it wasn't the greatest but I didn't hate it. However I can't properly judge. Yea so that's it. You can finally get rid of me. And Good riddance.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:09 am
View Likes
Meep(: says...

I've got to agree with what BBB said. This is at best a random blog post that doesn't belong in this section, The Lounge maybe, if you're genuinely looking for replies. Otherwise this just looks like a block of text you vomitted out as you think, with no direction other than to vent.
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:20 am
View Likes
Nate says...

In regards to where this topic belongs, blogs or general articles, it belongs where the author wants it to belong. The author has posted it in general articles, so it belongs in general articles.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:51 am
View Likes
Lava says...

What offends me wouldbe... people who don't accept that I work hard to get get something.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:23 am
View Likes
tr3x says...

Since you insist on posting your undirected and horribly misspelled diatribes here, I'm going to review this as a piece.

Firstly, grammar. You've already showed your disdain for grammatical conventions and good writing, but I am going to continue to point this out because if you intend to be a writer, a working knowledge of grammar is necessary. This is a fact. If you do not intend to improve your writing, I have no idea why you are here.
traphic

Traffic.
oppinion

Opinion.
hug

You mean huge.
nnooohhh nnoooh i keep it on general asrticles.

No, I will keep it in 'General Articles.' Alternatively, "Nary, good sir, but my work shall remain in yonder region of this website," if you want to get Victorian.

Why is grammar important? Communication. Writing is all about getting your point across clearly and understandably, and you cannot do this without good grammar. Sure, in fiction pieces these conventions can be overstepped to flesh out a character or scene if it is part of the story, but in a non-fictional post like this, attempt to stick to proper language conventions. I don't usually point out minor discrepancies as I have above, but you seem determined to flaunt grammar rules for the sole purpose of acting rebellious - this is abjectly stupid.

On to the piece. You start by insulting your audience. Not a good move. It adds nothing to the piece and you end up looking like a sullen, petulant child. What was your purpose in writing this? Why do you require "traphic?" If you want to review a film, or express an opinion on an upcoming movie, write it as a legitimate review, not a rambling blog entry.
You fail to inform us exactly you disliked the Green Lantern movie, and how Ryan Reynolds has ruined it for you. You go into no detail on any of your opinions, you just state them. Change this.
...so as of right now you are a douche. You're welcome.

This does not make sense. Why are you insulting your audience again? At least attempt to explain the insult.

Your point about what constitutes offence is a valid one. It can be made far, far better. Consider this: democracy means the right to freedom of speech. What boundaries does one draw between free speech and hate speech or derogatory speech?

I'm going to disagree with other reviewers about your personality in this piece. You come across as an obnoxious, opinionated, naive, I'm-so-rebellious-I-stay-up-past-bedtime person
Then maybe all the people who get all pissed off for nothing will GO THE HELL AWAY!!!!

Did you ever stop to think that just maybe the criticism is well founded? You should perhaps consider another perspective.

Also paragraphs. You need them.
A lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on.
- Terry Pratchett

Si non confectus, non recifiat - If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:47 pm
LadyPurple says...

Everybody, the guy doen't want our help unless we comply to HIS ways. Ignore him. Just let him do whatever, it doesn't matter. Sooner or later he'll go to another site that won't care at all how he writes or what he writes just like him. I don't like giving up on people but it'd be best to...
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:40 am
Xyra says...

I do believe he is writing in character. Just saying. So MAYBE if people treated it like that rather than an offensive blog post aimed at them, we could all get along and be happy?
Other than that its an interesting but badly grammar-ed piece. It needs paragraphs. PLEASE!!
More Than Words Can Say
Forever Yours
Xyra Pekkala

PS I will love you forever if you review my story Maia (revised version!)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92852
I'll review something of yours in return :P

Stop being mean to your self-insert character, you're just being mean to yourself.
— WeepingWisteria