z

Young Writers Society

Weddings and What My Plans Are

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:44 am
Fullmetal13 says...

Well a while ago, my cousin, Sam got married. My grandma catered the whole thing and it was big and splashy and a real pain in the ass. I love my cousin but damn, a lot of work got put into it. There were three photographers, a few flowers imported from india simply to make the cake look pretty and everyone was stressing. I wish them both nothing but happiness and joy but holy crap I'm going to do my best to not have to pay or do so much. First, I wanna get married either on a beach or a vineyard. It's always been my ideal place to get married. Second, I want my family or friends of my family to cater. Why? For the simple fact that I want pinoy cuisine after I have to spend all day in an uncomfortable tuxedo. Three, I am not marrying a girl who want to hyphonate (probably spelled that wrong) her name. I mean I'm all for equality but when it comes to a wedding I want it nice and traditional, well minus the church. Fourthly, I want the filipino traditions incorporated into mine. The coin ceremony -which I want to use actual pesos- the veil ceremony and the bead ceremony and whatever kind of tradition she'd like to add. I know that the actual wedding day is about the bride but I'm getting married too but I'm an innocent little uke so if my fiancee tells me something chances are it'll happen but that's my ideal wedding. Not that anyone cares or anything I was just reminded while making my cousins slide show of wedding pictures and it got me thinking about weddings and bla bla bla. Lemme know what you think of my plans and what your families wedding traditions are and hit that reply button up top. I'm Walter Fleming and I approve this message.
"To hell with circumstance. I create my own oppurtunities." -Bruce Lee

884 Reviews

Reviews: 884
Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:46 am
StoryWeaver13 says...

It's cool hearing a guy's perspective, because it's always about the bride in a way, and I agree, totally not fair. It's not the bride's day, it's the couple's day. Your idea seems pretty cool to me, I like that you incorporate tradition into it. Haha, wow, I feel totally unorthodox - I always figured that if I was married I'd just kind of...elope. You've thought it out much more than I have. Just a bit of a thought, this is more of a blog than an article (though it works for both).
Anyway, this was really cool!
Keep writing!
StoryWeaver
Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ~Lemony Snicket

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:50 am
Fullmetal13 says...

it's supposed to be a blog. i publish it as an article so it gets up on the wall hence getting more traphic
"To hell with circumstance. I create my own oppurtunities." -Bruce Lee

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:53 am
volleyball13 says...

I know that the actual wedding day is about the bride...

Actually, the wedding day is just as important for the groom as it is for the bride. Sounds like a good plan to have a quiet wedding. :)
"Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children."
Walt Disney

Poetry is the art of creating imaginary gardens with real toads.
— Marianne Moore