z

Young Writers Society

Invisible Children

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:39 am
emoticon220 says...

25 years ago a war broke out in northern Uganda. Josef Kony, now a listed terrorist, began a war on the Ugandan Government. His army? Children, between the ages of (approx.) 8-16, brainwashed, drugged and terrified. These children have watched as their small villages get torn apart, and their friends and families killed. Then they are taken to the bush*, drugged and forced to kill or be killed. Many don't survive. This war has been faught for 25 years, but, it doesnt need to be. Invisible children is an organization dedicated to stop the spread of the LRA (josef kony's army) and help the villages, children, and families affected.

*The bush is a general term for where the soldiers are trained

If you havent already noticed, or if you dont know me, I am very passionate about this organization. I am signed up as a part of their "25" fundraiser. "25" is a fundraiser for each person signed up to raise $25, as it is the 25th year that the war has been going on, then on the 25th of April we take 25 hours of silence. I am also going to sign up to be one of their roadies when i am 18. Please look into Ivisible Children, the war in Uganda, and how you can help. If you would like to help me reach my $25 goal please click the link below:
http://25.invisiblechildren.com/member/ ... fcid=78367

From there if you click the logo in the top right corner it will take you to the "25" home page. Click it again and it will take you to the home page of the Invisible children website. This means so much to me, and all the people who want to stop it. Take a moment and think about it is all I ask you to do. Thank you.
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:54 pm
Soulkana says...

Interesting topic lols I really liked it ^^ Can't wait to read more of your work. Good luck and Happy Writing!!!!!!!!
Soulkana<3
May the gentle moon take you into peaceful dreams. May the mighty sun brighten your new days.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:50 am
TheFallen1 says...

Wow intresting topics cant wait to read more of your work!!! Good luck and have fun writting!!! :)
TheHuntress

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:59 pm
MrsSGriffiths says...

This is a really great topic I would love to see a full-on novel written about this. When I was in high school our entire graduating World Issues class did a fundraiser for this organization called "A Night 4 Uganda". To promote it we put together a video of everything going on in Uganda and the child soldiers. We raised around $5,000 for the cause. This is a great contribution to the non-fiction section. You should do some research and compile a novel on it.

I would rather die of passion than of boredom.
— Émile Zola