z

Young Writers Society

Olivia’s Off Writing

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:48 pm
trying2Bnaturallyme says...

Olivia’s Off Writing (Steven King already took “On” Writing) or Why I like Words more than Numbers.
February 6, technically February 7.

I adore alliteration. It’s like my favorite thing to use in writing. See, I even started my first sentence with words containing like consonant sounds, wait actually a is a vowel and like vowel sounds are actually called assonance. Haha, ASSonance, I don’t know why butt that just makes me laugh. Did you catch that?! The but is totally spelled like butt on purpose! It is good to write with a purpose. Sometimes purpose is not what produces words on a page though. If the former were the foremost and final part of writing finesse, then it would seem that my present purpose is only to pull ass out of assonance. Sometimes it is just pure inspiration, or pure randomness, or pure I-have-to-write-this- down-because-it’s-too-good-to-forget that brings about pure genius, she writes one hundred percent humbly… So my advice to writers, she writes like she is a wise old writer when in reality this is her first published work, is to write whenever it comes to you. Whatever it is, whenever it comes, no need to know why, just write. That is it what I am doing right now.
Be forewarned that this can be awfully distracting, for in typing this I have stopped writing a random note in which writing I had stopped reading my history textbook. I want that sequence of events to be clearer. Writing the random note distracted me from homework. Typing this future publication distracted me from the random note which had distracted me from homework. There. Is that better? I think so. SEE! Once you start writing and just keep writing things just work themselves out. Except for commas, those usually have to come in editing. Commas can be confusing. Anyway, I’m not sure how clear any of this really is because it all makes sense to me right now it’s 12:34am. 12:34! One two three four! Make a wish! Hmmm….

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun May 01, 2011 4:43 pm
Piper says...

Hello, my friend, here for a review! -hugs Olivia before starting-
I know you love alliteration, I was laughing the entire time I read this...you and your butt puns. I can't really find anything wrong with this, it just make me laugh. I don't know why I commented, your piece just looks lonely....so, I guess I'll go now. Miss you, bye
Cats are like characters. You may say they're yours, but in reality, they own you. ~Me

You can take away all the arts you want, but soon, the children won't have anything to read or write about. ~Glen Holland

Reviews: 3
Wed May 04, 2011 10:59 pm
PhoenixRain says...

This made me laugh. A lot. It's not a very serious piece, so I will not review it in a manner that is inappropriate for the piece. There's really nothing to be changed and it made me laugh a lot. This has been a rather pointless review, but I loved the piece; it brightened my day! :)
NaPoWriMo Count: 6 poems (only started on the 14th :P)
viewtopic.php?f=196&t=97647&p=1135123#p1135123

If fortis was here, we could have a teal party
— Pompadour